Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Vintage quilt top #5 made into a quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/vintage-quilt-top-5-made-into-quilt-t45978.html)

Eddie 05-15-2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
How much practicing did you you do before you started this quilt

When he came and installed the machine, we did a little bit of practicing on a crib sized piece of muslin. After he left, I did a quilt top using a meandering pattern, just free-motion quilting to get the feel for the machine. So I decided I wanted to try a pantograph for my second one and picked this one. It was a lot of fun, and the machine is very easy to work with. I think it could make anyone look good, LOL! :D

dkabasketlady 05-15-2010 02:10 PM

Another gorgeous quilt, Eddie! It's hard to believe that you've only had your long arm a week! There's no stopping you now!! Fantastic job and I don't blame you for keeping this quilt!

katier825 05-15-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Originally Posted by katier825
That's great! I've always liked that Chantilly Lace pattern. How long did it take you to quilt it?

Not very long, a few hours total, probably 3 or 4 hours if I had worked full time at it.

Wow! I'm impressed. You're getting the hang of it very quickly! I wish I had space for one...I'd splurge on it in a heartbeat! I tried out the table model HandiQuilter at a quilt show a while back and loved it. It might be my only option for the space I have. But with that one, you still have to sandwich/baste the quilt first. I like your machine/frame better.

Pam 05-15-2010 02:25 PM

Eddie that is beautiful. Did you put the info of the original maker on the label? It was so nice of you to honor her here. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the quilting machine has found a pemanent home.

Barb_MO 05-15-2010 02:27 PM

Eddie, I'm sure you have posted what machine you got...I just haven't read it. Mind telling again?

Stummel 05-15-2010 02:28 PM

That is beautiful, both the top and the quilting.

quiltsRfun 05-15-2010 02:42 PM

I've always admired your work, Eddie, but now I'm downright jealous. A longarm! You did a fantastic job with the quilting. I love that pantograph.

Eddie 05-15-2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Eddie that is beautiful. Did you put the info of the original maker on the label? It was so nice of you to honor her here. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the quilting machine has found a pemanent home.

I haven't put a label on this one yet, but I plan to. All of the previous ones that I made for them I have put labels on.

Eddie 05-15-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Eddie, I'm sure you have posted what machine you got...I just haven't read it. Mind telling again?

It's a Gammill Premier 18" with a 10' frame.

wvdek 05-15-2010 04:54 PM

Looks great Eddie. You are putting us to shame, again.