Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wal-mart quilt of the month.......what a bargain !!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wal-mart-quilt-month-what-bargain-t16470.html)

joyful_noise 02-12-2009 03:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, so I haven't been here for quite a while, but I just had to show you guys the quilt I just finished and tell you the story. I was in Wal mart one day, of course I had to check out the fabric dept.......and I came acros a plactic bag filled with cut fabric for the Wal mart quilt of the month. The required fabric was already cut off the bolts and nicely packaged in a plastic bag along with the pattern for the quilt of the month, with a price tag of $25. I thought, "that's not a bad price for a quilt top", so I threw it in the cart and finished my shopping. When the lady at the register scanned the bag of fabric, it came up as $7.95. I brought it to her attention that it was supposed to be $25.00, so she scanned it again and said "it must be on sale". I told her that there were no "sale" signs anywhere near the fabric and that it must have been scanned into the computer wrong. The $25.00 price tag was very visible on the front of the package, but she didn't want to mess with it, so she only charged me the $7.95 !!!! With the backing and the batting, this quilt only cost me $30.00.

BUT.........the story doesn't end there ! When I got home, I called my daughter in law to tell her about my good fortune. She says, "I am on my way to Wal mart right now, were there anymore packages left?" I said "yes, there two more packages. One was exactly like the one I just bought and another one that I really didn't care for" She said she was going to check it out and see if she could get that kind of price for the other two. Well, she didn't get the same price...........SHE GOT THEM BOTH FOR $1.75 EACH !!!! .

I just wanted to share that story with you all and show you the pics of the quilt after I got it finished. This one I am going to give to my Nephew and his wife for a wedding gift.

Marcia 02-12-2009 03:31 PM

What a great story and a beautiful quilt!!

mary quite contrary 02-12-2009 03:50 PM

I am soooooo jealous. Great story and beautiful quilt.

sandpat 02-12-2009 03:55 PM

Wow! Can you believe that??? Thats a great story and a really pretty quilt!

mpspeedy 02-12-2009 03:55 PM

Wow, great story, great bargin. Lucky Nephew. You did a wonderful job.

Debra Mc 02-12-2009 03:56 PM

Isn't it funny about Wally World. You never know what the price will be. I got $10.00 reed deffushier air freshner last night for $1.00 each. Bought 8 of them. You can't buy oil that cheap. I have that pattern. It is really pretty. I like your quilt. You never know about those quilts of the month. Sometimes the pictures don't do justice to the quilt. I have some where the picture is awful but the fabric in person is really nice. I plan on making that quilt pattern. Sometimes I just buy the material & bag it up to make for later. Good going on the bargin.

lyndawn 02-12-2009 04:15 PM

Wow! I wish my Walmart would make some mistakes like that! They rarely even have things on clearance there.

I love the quilt! It is beautiful:)

Lynette

Jim's Gem 02-12-2009 04:29 PM

Beautiful quilt and such a price!!!! How fun to know you got such a great deal and a gift made for someone!!!

barnbum 02-12-2009 05:14 PM

What a deal!!! :D :D

redquilter 02-12-2009 05:55 PM

What a pretty quilt and what a great buy! Good for you and even better for your DIL!