Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wall hanging and some quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wall-hanging-some-quilts-t64447.html)

Gerbie 09-12-2010 05:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I hope this works this is my first time to post pics. These pics are pictures of my daughter's wall hanging I made her last Christmas. The other two pics. are pictures of the quilt I made my son last Christmas it is reversible. I will post others later if this works.

Cross wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93509[/ATTACH]

dobule solitude quilt one side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93510[/ATTACH]

double solitude quilt reverse side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93511[/ATTACH]

virtualbernie 09-12-2010 05:17 PM

Well, it worked! Keep them coming! They are beautiful!

franie 09-12-2010 05:19 PM

it worked! They are beautiful!

bailey 09-12-2010 05:19 PM

Love both of them. Is that cross all appliqued? If it is wow, what a great job.

wolfkitty 09-12-2010 05:20 PM

Wow! Really beautiful. The reversible one is amazing, and I really like the cross, too. Thanks for sharing them.

Ditter43 09-12-2010 05:23 PM

Double solitude is amazing!!!! :thumbup: :D

Gerbie 09-12-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bailey
Love both of them. Is that cross all appliqued? If it is wow, what a great job.

This was a kit, the cross is a stencil that you iron on, but I stitched all around it, then stippled the background. The back is black and really looks neat with the cross outlined. My daughter has it at her home, so I can't show the back.
The little orange patch in the corner is a first place makeshift ribbon I won at the fair last year on the cross. We didn't use actual ribbons, but one of our quilters who has passed away made all of these up to be used as ribbons. I won second place on my son's quilt.

Bible cover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93669[/ATTACH]

erstan947 09-12-2010 05:37 PM

Gerbie, Love the cross. The quilt and bible cover are so neat.Good job on all of them. I lookforward to seeing more of your work.

Gerbie 09-12-2010 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am going to try and add a couple of pictures of the two lap quilts that my guilde made for the babies of my young (22yr old) neighbor, who committed suicide a few weeks back. I watched the young man and his twin brother grow up in my neighborhood, from the time he was about 18 mos. old. He lived across the street from me. His wife gave us some of his t-shirts and a couple of his work shirts and we made the kids the lap quilts. The little boy is 3 and the little girl is 18 mos. This has really affected our neighborhood. We found out at the services, that his wife is expecting their 3rd child, that she had just found out about and not had a chance to tell him before he died.

bakc of both lap quilts are flannel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93898[/ATTACH]

3 yr old boys lap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93899[/ATTACH]

18 mo. girls lap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93900[/ATTACH]

nativetexan 09-12-2010 05:44 PM

oh,oh, are the reversible ones by Sharon Pederson?? were they easy to do? I have one of her books.
love the cross too!!!