Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Warm Wishes for my Uncle's Wedding (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warm-wishes-my-uncles-wedding-t24446.html)

pocoellie 08-22-2009 04:39 AM

Very pretty!!! I'm sure they'll love it.

Iluv2quilt 08-22-2009 08:13 AM

Very pretty! I love the quilting on this one, it really stands out, nice work!

littlehud 08-22-2009 06:18 PM

It's very pretty. I'm sure they will love it.

dizzy 08-24-2009 10:07 PM

It is very lovely done .you did a great job.

MelissaK 08-25-2009 11:48 AM

the wedding was this past Saturday. I had her open it right before I left because my favorite part in giving a quilt is seeing the person's face when they see it. She of course loved it. She was excited to get a "melissa quilt" because we have been to other functions where I have given gifts. She also said that blue was her favorite color, so I did an excellent job. she cried too!

sewjoyce 08-25-2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by MelissaK
the wedding was this past Saturday. I had her open it right before I left because my favorite part in giving a quilt is seeing the person's face when they see it. She of course loved it. She was excited to get a "melissa quilt" because we have been to other functions where I have given gifts. She also said that blue was her favorite color, so I did an excellent job. she cried too!

Did you get pictures?? We wanna see :D :D :D

(And why wouldn't she just love it? It's gorgeous!)

Darlene 08-25-2009 01:34 PM

Great gift and love the color.

MelissaK 08-26-2009 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by MelissaK

Did you get pictures?? We wanna see :D :D :D

(And why wouldn't she just love it? It's gorgeous!)

I didn't think to get a picture of her with the quilt. I will when I see them next.

Mousie 08-26-2009 04:57 AM

The Warm Wishes pattern has really grown on me, since seeing so many different ways to put it together. I love yours!
I see this pattern in my not so far off future,
in many color combinations! :P

Mousie 08-26-2009 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by crkathleen
You have done an awesome job!I know what u mean! My next quilt will be in done in sections because I don't have the space!

Marti Michell, has a great book on quilting in sections...which you may already know, kathleen. There are at least six different ways in her book.
I also have a book called, Divide and Conquer, that is great. It has some applique patterns in it, which I just love.
Sectioning is so much easier than fighting with a whole quilt, isn't it. :D