Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wedding quilt for my DS and soon to be DDIL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wedding-quilt-my-ds-soon-ddil-t103608.html)

myfrenchawakening 02-27-2011 03:22 PM

What a gorgeous quilt for a beautiful couple. I'm sure they appreciate all your efforts by the smiles on their faces! Congratulations! Therese

suebee 02-27-2011 03:23 PM

WOW...stunning quilt..absolutely love the color. Your Son is very handsome and looks like you will be gaining a beautiful DIL. Congrats to you and them. My Son will be getting married next year in the fall, it truely is an exciting time.

Blue Bell 02-27-2011 03:25 PM

Beautiful quilt for the happy couple.

laurlync 02-27-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I love your work. Your DS and DDIL look very happy. My daughter is getting married on June 3d and I haven't started a quilt for them, yet. I will get started this week.

Thanks. I have another smaller quilt I am doing for them in their wedding colors (red, black and white) that will have several of their pictures on it. It will be displayed at the rehearsal dinner and at the reception. April 23rd will be here before I know it!

Good luck to your daughter and on getting the quilt done.

cmagee84 02-27-2011 03:30 PM

Absolutely gorgeous, the quilt and the couple!! It is a very unique pattern, I really like it. My son is in a serious relationship, so I see a wedding quilt in my future, possibly two years from now when they finish college! :)

The label is priceless! I can see why they loved it so much. Best wishes to them both and congratulations on your new daughter!

DogHouseMom 02-27-2011 03:33 PM

Gorgeous quilt!! Absolutely love it. congratulations on the new addition to the family, and on the wonderful addition to theirs!

laurlync 02-27-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by lighthouse
WOW!!! What an awesome quilt and couple to match. I love the label that you placed inside the quilt. Did you make it yourself? Congrats :-) :-)

Thanks. I did make the label myself. I created it in Word and printed it on injet printable fabric by Dritz called Printed Treasures. It is a little high, but it is washable and has a high print quality. I have used regular fabric ironed onto freezer paper, but the pictures don't look as good. I just printed a black and white picture for this label, but I am working on a picture quilt for them to display at the rehearsal dinner and at the reception that has color photos and the colors are wonderful!

lighthouse 02-27-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by laurlync

Originally Posted by lighthouse
WOW!!! What an awesome quilt and couple to match. I love the label that you placed inside the quilt. Did you make it yourself? Congrats :-) :-)

Thanks. I did make the label myself. I created it in Word and printed it on injet printable fabric by Dritz called Printed Treasures. It is a little high, but it is washable and has a high print quality. I have used regular fabric ironed onto freezer paper, but the pictures don't look as good. I just printed a black and white picture for this label, but I am working on a picture quilt for them to display at the rehearsal dinner and at the reception that has color photos and the colors are wonderful!

I appreciate this information. I hope you place a photo of the quilt that your going to make for the rehearsal dinner. Your very talented :-)

SuziC 02-27-2011 04:28 PM

Beautiful Quilt. I'm sure they will treasure it for years and years
Congrats to the happy couple :!:

karenm36 02-27-2011 04:31 PM

WOW!!!! That's an awesome quilt!!!!! You did a fantastic job on it. They'll cherish this always!