Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wedding quilt now finished & back from the quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wedding-quilt-now-finished-back-quilter-t114572.html)

lovequilting2 04-09-2011 07:26 PM

Beautiful!!!

AVQuilter 04-09-2011 07:51 PM

You have to be doing the happy dance...just lovely!!

deanneellen 04-09-2011 07:53 PM

Such a stunning quilt. Just beautiful!

ProudGranny5 04-09-2011 08:22 PM

Super nice... I really like it!!! :)
Awesome job!

Ditter43 04-09-2011 08:28 PM

Now your quilt is doubly beautiful!!! :thumbup: :-D :thumbup:

kem77 04-09-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Gorgeous quilt!!! I love the colors, the design...everything!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Harmony 04-09-2011 09:03 PM

So beautiful! And in such beautiful "wedding" colors! I know this will be cherished for many years to come!

scaroca 04-10-2011 06:02 AM

my jealous bone is working ot. i have wanted to make this quilt for a long time. so so jealous beautiful job

Julieintheburg 04-10-2011 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D That is sort of cracking me up- I am also working on a White Chocolate quilt for my son and his new wife! I guess we both have good taste! I wish that I had someone else quilt it, but I opted to quilt it on my domestic machine myself....oh boy...I am almost donenow, though. What a challenge that has been! I wasn't going to send you a picture of just the top- you already have a good idea of what it looks like. :lol: But, I did change the layout half the blocks, so it does look a little different than yours. Honestly, I 'm not sure I like it changed...it doesn't look dramatically different- would you have noticed?

Quiltgranny 04-10-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julieintheburg
:D That is sort of cracking me up- I am also working on a White Chocolate quilt for my son and his new wife! I guess we both have good taste! I wish that I had someone else quilt it, but I opted to quilt it on my domestic machine myself....oh boy...I am almost donenow, though. What a challenge that has been! I wasn't going to send you a picture of just the top- you already have a good idea of what it looks like. :lol: But, I did change the layout half the blocks, so it does look a little different than yours. Honestly, I 'm not sure I like it changed...it doesn't look dramatically different- would you have noticed?

Hi Julie,

How funny is this? :lol: So, misery loves company, eh? :lol: :roll: I am so glad to hear someone else say that this quilt pattern is indeed challenging. :thumbup: I was so thinking it was just me! :( Funny thing is, one of the reasons I bought it was for what I thought would be ease of piecing... you know, all straight lines.. :roll: no bizarre shapes or piecing... :lol: Well, thank you for speaking up and helping me to feel so much better about this beautiful quilt now. :thumbup: It really was a huge challenge for me. But, now that it's done, I am SO glad I stuck with it. You will be, too! :thumbup:

Your piecing is absolutely wonderful! I'm having a difficult time seeing any differences in your layout, but then, I'm a bit cross-eyed after looking at mine for such a long time! :lol:

I know that practically each kit that's bought has slightly different fabrics in it since this is such a popular one. Looks like maybe yours has more browns and less gold than mine? That is true with my dear friend here locally that has one and turned me onto this kit. It's ALL her fault! :lol: :lol:

My son and bride were married last July, so I'm a wee bit late in completing their quilt. :oops: Unfortunately, I had a nasty flare up of my MS last year that caused me some cognitive meltdown that last for several months. Ya know, when you're ripping more than your sewing.. it's time to set it aside! :cry:

They've been most patient and gracious in compliments and encouragement as I've shared progress pictures with them. That helped tremendously. :thumbup:

There was just no way I was ready to tackle quilting this one on my domestic machine. I have not mastered FMQ, and the thought of using any linear lines just didn't appeal to me. I saved and scrimped, even sold off a bunch of my fabric last year to make hiring the quilting out to a LA'er possible. I am so very pleased with the results. I chose the "Leaves & Vines" panto because they live in a serene, wooded area of the NW and would probably not want anything real fancy anyway.

Well, keep up the excellent work, hang in there and soon you will have an heirloom to be proud of, too! :thumbup: Please make sure you keep us posted on your progress. :D

Karla