Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wey hey I braved free motion!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wey-hey-i-braved-free-motion-t13771.html)

sandpat 11-23-2008 04:44 PM

Izy, that looks great to me. I think we all tend to focus on specific spots that had a little boo boo, but if you wait a few weeks and look at it then, you probably can't even find those areas. I'm not the world's greatest at FMQ, but its fun, I like it and I have to practice on something! You did a great job and this quilt is soo cheery anyway.....see that big smile on Sasha's face?? :lol:

julieah 11-23-2008 04:50 PM

WOW! I absolutely love your quilt!!!

Bright colors are usually what I work with and I really admire the overall effect you achieved. Gorgeous! They must be thrilled about it.

Posts pics often,

julieah :)

bluebird 11-23-2008 05:48 PM

What a wonderful quilt, really like the colors and the I spy type materials, cute inspector too. :D Think I did my meandering way too small/close together, got my nose in close and didn't look at the whole picture. :roll: Yours is beautiful.

triciasquilts 11-23-2008 08:12 PM

Boy, what a great looking quilt. I love the colors and your quilting turned out great. I love crazy quilts, but I don't like making them. This one might just give me some inspiration tho!!

Marcia 11-23-2008 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D Elle

Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

She is so naughty isnt she? Hey but if it gets the job done, I am going to go find a nude male model and really get inspired!!! :lol: :lol:

Okay, Melissa---can I come quilt at your house!!! :lol:

Marcia 11-23-2008 09:35 PM

Izy-Your quilt is fab-u-lous!!!! I am a free motion flunky. I have tried on many occassions and it just does not go well for me. You are a brave soul--with great results. Keep it up, my dear, and you will be quilting circles around us all. :-)

Butterflyspain 11-24-2008 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by Izy

Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D Elle

Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

She is so naughty isnt she? Hey but if it gets the job done, I am going to go find a nude male model and really get inspired!!! :lol: :lol:

Yep me too, can we have Tom Cruz, or the guy that plays James Bond, wow that will do nicely, LOL
Elle

Izy 11-24-2008 12:37 AM

Oh! what a lovely surprise this morning, reading thru all your happy and cheerful compliments about this quilt, guess thats the bright colours cheering everyone up!! I thank you all sincerely :D :D

Izy 11-24-2008 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by Izy

Here's one of the 'extremities' I meandered lol!!

Yep me too, can we have Tom Cruz, or the guy that plays James Bond, wow that will do nicely, LOL
Elle

Look to the right hand side black sashing...... :roll: :lol:

Edit: Just as well those mice are blind!!!!! :shock:

Butterflyspain 11-24-2008 01:04 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: