Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wey hey I braved free motion!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wey-hey-i-braved-free-motion-t13771.html)

jacquemoe 01-24-2009 07:56 PM

Well, look at that. You did a perfectly wonderful job. Very pretty quilt too, I might add.

triciasquilts 01-24-2009 08:47 PM

Izy, I love the bright wonderful colors you used. And your free motion is perfect.

gcathie 01-24-2009 11:28 PM

Oh my gosh Izy that is too too too much.....just lovely...makes me feel all goooglely warm inside and out......and what is it with the fur inspectors...mine does the same thing.....thinks I make them for him....Its only my boy dog that does this.....and by gosh I think he is even smiling! :-)

Oh great job on that home quilting on the machine absoultly wonderful!

Izy 01-25-2009 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
That quilt is beautiful... so bright and cheerful, Great job with the stippling!

How old is your "Ryan"? Mine was 26 in December. I also have an "Erin". I call them my little leprechauns!

My 'Ryan' will be 22 in April :D When he was born 1987, his name had only just become 'fashionable' in the UK, as a first name and his Great grandmother was appaulled and wanted me to use his middle name of James :shock: ......we didn't :lol: :D :D

It was his Girlfriend who he lives with you fell in love with my first crumb quilt that begged me to make them one in Hot Pink and black :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evelynquilts 01-25-2009 02:23 AM

what a pretty quilt... :)

Izy 01-25-2009 05:03 AM

Thanks everyone.......I truly thank you for your comments, it is so confidence boosting for me, cheers :D :D :D

Cathie.....Sasha seems to have a sixth sense about my quilts, I think she knows how much love I pour into them, and wants to share it :D She is a very loving dog :D

Mamagus 01-28-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Mamagus
That quilt is beautiful... so bright and cheerful, Great job with the stippling!

How old is your "Ryan"? Mine was 26 in December. I also have an "Erin". I call them my little leprechauns!

My 'Ryan' will be 22 in April :D When he was born 1987, his name had only just become 'fashionable' in the UK, as a first name and his Great grandmother was appaulled and wanted me to use his middle name of James :shock: ......we didn't :lol: :D :D

It was his Girlfriend who he lives with you fell in love with my first crumb quilt that begged me to make them one in Hot Pink and black :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had the same situation with Ryan... His second name is Matthew and Dad said, "Now THAT's a name!"

When Erin was born he HATED her name. Called her "Herin" But she had good company... my niece Heather, was "Edder". Gotta love those Newfoundland accents!

Shemjo 01-28-2009 08:27 PM

Oh, Izy, what a beautiful quilt! You will be able to see your goofs, but anyone else will think you planned it! It is gorgeous and I love your Sasha! What a great loving critic! Love the little "funs" you have with the I spy patches. Isn't fabric fun! :lol:

Izy 01-29-2009 12:57 AM

Sharon, thanks for your enthusiasm....I couldn't agree with you more on fabric being fun, due to fabric being so scarce here in Spain, all my friends on the quiltingboard helped me and my guild out by donating lots of fabric to us last year. It was an amazing show of friendship and I was able to make this quilt using alot of the brights I snaffled :D The hot pink sashings were a cotton dress I got from the charity shop!!

We have a fantastic group of quilters on this Board, my life has been enhanced so much by meeting everyone here :D :D :D

GailG 01-29-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Sharon, thanks for your enthusiasm....I couldn't agree with you more on fabric being fun, due to fabric being so scarce here in Spain, all my friends on the quiltingboard helped me and my guild out by donating lots of fabric to us last year. It was an amazing show of friendship and I was able to make this quilt using alot of the brights I snaffled :D The hot pink sashings were a cotton dress I got from the charity shop!!

We have a fantastic group of quilters on this Board, my life has been enhanced so much by meeting everyone here :D :D :D

Everytime one of you gals tells of your difficulty in getting fabrics, I can't help but be thankful and appreciative for our resources here. Even though some of us have to travel miles to acquire our fabrics, we still know that it's there for us. We're down to one LQS within a 30-mile radius, but at least we have that. I know some of you are travelling much further.

I didn't know about the sharing of our fabrics here with our sisters across the water. I think that's what love of neighbor is all about -- sharing. I hope we do more of it.