Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What 64 yards of batiks looks like (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-64-yards-batiks-looks-like-t110463.html)

Jan T 03-26-2011 07:53 PM

OMG! I'm getting some extra money soon. YUP, Thousands of Bolts will be hearing from me. Their service, prices and selection are always excellent. I highly recommend doing business with them. Not just for batiks, but for top brand quilting fabric of all kinds.

If you need help with storage space for these, they can live at my house!

lue 03-26-2011 07:56 PM

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! I'd be in batik heaven!

KSue 03-26-2011 09:05 PM

Yes, drooling. Pretty, pretty, pretty

pittsburgpam 03-26-2011 09:33 PM

I really need to get my fabric cubby holes organized to make space for them. I have lots of left-overs from quilts that I need to get sorted and folded properly. Many FQ sets, JRs, etc. that I want to "display" nicely.

And of course the batiks need their own cubby or two.

GrannieAnnie 03-26-2011 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
This is from a little splurge with a bonus at work. Thousands of Bolts has batiks on sale for $5.95 so.... :-D

Don't know what I going to do with all of it yet but they sure are pretty to look at.

Fons & Porter's March/April magazine has a quilt custom made for your 64 yards. It's called STARSHINE. And a fairly simple pattern to boot!

Whatever you do with all of it, it's going to be beautiful

krisgray 03-27-2011 07:28 AM

Beautiful! Having batik envy!

dunster 03-27-2011 07:44 AM

Gorgeous! You will be creating some beautiful quilts from those. I bought a few batiks from them recently and was really pleased.

GrannieAnnie 03-27-2011 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
This is from a little splurge with a bonus at work. Thousands of Bolts has batiks on sale for $5.95 so.... :-D

Don't know what I going to do with all of it yet but they sure are pretty to look at.

Fons & Porter's March/April magazine has a quilt custom made for your 64 yards. It's called STARSHINE. And a fairly simple pattern to boot!

Whatever you do with all of it, it's going to be beautiful

SORRY! SORRY! CORRECTION!

The Fons and Porter quilt pattern is TUSCAN SUNSET and uses a bunch of batiks. beautiful quilt.

The Starlight quilt was in an ad someplace that I copied onto graph paper. It has the 8 point star in the sashing but still uses a bunch of batiks.

Of the two, I'm not sure which I like the best.

The STARSHINE quilt is a beauty too, but it's in a KEEPSAKE QUILTING ad, done in blue batiks, in the F&P magazine.

wvdek 03-27-2011 08:39 AM

Yummy, yummy, yummy. Oh how I would love to come play in your room.
I pity the clerk who had to cut all of that. :}

pab58 03-27-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25
WOW (drooling like crazy) - those fabrics are so beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with them all.

Me, too!!!!! :wink: :wink: :thumbup: :thumbup: