Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What color border would you use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-color-border-would-you-use-t132620.html)

SueDor 06-23-2011 03:32 PM

How about a nice navy blue border?

MamaBear61 06-23-2011 03:41 PM

The quilt is beautiful. I know someone said yestesday that the first border on a quilt looks like the frame and therefore it should be a colour that doesn't come to the edge and in my mind's eye I can see what she was saying. So maybe a solid that is a deeper shade of one of your colours but not the exact colour in the blocks.

bebe 06-23-2011 03:44 PM

a solid mottled fabric

okiedee 06-23-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
I would do the color border first to give the eye a rest - before adding the white border. As for binding, I would piece together the strips and make it one colorful binding! Good luck.. Beautiful quilt, by the way

Thank you so much...I think that is a great idea...this quilt is for one of my granddaughters, she wanted bright...I think she is getting bright! LOL.

okiedee 06-23-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
The quilt is beautiful. I know someone said yestesday that the first border on a quilt looks like the frame and therefore it should be a colour that doesn't come to the edge and in my mind's eye I can see what she was saying. So maybe a solid that is a deeper shade of one of your colours but not the exact colour in the blocks.

Yes, that would be a frame, I will imagine that and just go for it, I will probably just take the scraps up to the local quilt shop and see what she has to offer. Thanks for the reply.

sidmona 06-23-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi Dee, that's such a lovely quilt. My opinion is a narrower white border, then a wider one from the color of your choice with matching binding.
I don't like white bindings b/c they don't always stay white LOL

I agree.

okiedee 06-23-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
a solid mottled fabric

Like a batik? That would look great. Thanks hon.

MamaBear61 06-23-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by okiedee

I would do the color border first to give the eye a rest - before adding the white border. As for binding, I would piece together the strips and make it one colorful binding! Good luck.. Beautiful quilt, by the way

Thank you so much...I think that is a great idea...this quilt is for one of my granddaughters, she wanted bright...I think she is getting bright! LOL.

Your granddaugher is going to love it, you have nailed bright right on the head :-)

okiedee 06-23-2011 04:15 PM

I will do just that...and a smaller white border after the color border. I cannot afford to buy the fabrics to match, but I can get close to the colors. Thanks so much.

okiedee 06-23-2011 04:17 PM

Great idea on the binding..I have lots of the pieced strips left, I had messed up the corners and could not use in quilt. THanks so much.