Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What DD and I accomplished at our weekend retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-dd-i-accomplished-our-weekend-retreat-t254400.html)

PolkaBabe 09-28-2014 03:46 PM

This is beautiful.

Caswews 09-28-2014 05:10 PM

Very pretty !!!

Koriana 09-28-2014 05:41 PM

Love the pattern and the colors. You both did a great job...I'm envious of the mother-daughter time. My mother doesn't sew, though she'd like to start quilting...she's short on time and lives several hours away. My daughter and I used to go shop hopping at least once a year...we'd stay at a hotel with a pool...that and building her bali collection were her favorite parts (plus eating out, of course). Now she's a young mom and doesn't have time, but maybe in the future we can work something out. PS, I have already started taking my granddaughter (16 mos old) to the quilt shop and let her hang out in my sewing room. I want to plant the seed right from the beginning.:D

ccthomas 09-28-2014 06:11 PM

Sounds like it was so much fun and a beautiful quilt of memories.

bkb7957 09-28-2014 06:22 PM

Oooohhh Wow. You did an absolutely beautiful job on this quilt. You should be very proud.

loki1203 09-28-2014 06:24 PM

Awesome job!

Purpleprint 09-28-2014 06:54 PM

Oh wow, what a top. It has the look of an old fashioned quilt yet it also looks very up to date and modern. Nice Job you two.

mirabelle 09-28-2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cecelia363 (Post 6906873)
Very beautiful! I have long admired Pam Bono designs but have been chicken to try making one! Are the instructions easy to follow? Templates or straight cutting?

No templates at all Cecelia363, Pam Bono has a very distinct style when it comes to piecing, lots of flipped corners. There was a lot of cutting and I label every piece in its own zip lock bag, so when it is time to sew you just sew.

mirabelle 09-28-2014 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Koriana (Post 6907670)
Love the pattern and the colors. You both did a great job...I'm envious of the mother-daughter time. My mother doesn't sew, though she'd like to start quilting...she's short on time and lives several hours away. My daughter and I used to go shop hopping at least once a year...we'd stay at a hotel with a pool...that and building her bali collection were her favorite parts (plus eating out, of course). Now she's a young mom and doesn't have time, but maybe in the future we can work something out. PS, I have already started taking my granddaughter (16 mos old) to the quilt shop and let her hang out in my sewing room. I want to plant the seed right from the beginning.:D

Yes Koriana you need to plant those seeds early, my DD started patchwork when she was only 8 and she is now 31 so we have been doing this together for a very long time. She only lives an hour away from me so we try and get together every few months.

PS Stitcher 09-29-2014 04:41 AM

Wow! That is amazing and just in one weekend retreat!!