Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What do you think? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-do-you-think-t68433.html)

kristen0112 10-05-2010 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am making a quilt for a friend who is getting married soon. Her favorite color is orange. The quilt is going to be 6 blocks across and 6 blocks down making the quilt 84 x 84 before adding any borders. I am thinking of adding a contrast color blue. I am thinking just a touch of blue. I have three more of the big circle blocks to make so here are my thoughts
Option 1: add a narrow blue border around the whole thing and then another white border and possibly with circles or half circles sporadically placed. (No picture for this option)
Option 2: through in a few small circle blocks in blue randomly. (No picture for this option)
Option 3: Place one small blue circle within the larger orange circle.

just a row of 6 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100927[/ATTACH]

Sample of the sm blue circle within larger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100928[/ATTACH]

RatherB Quilting 10-05-2010 09:17 AM

I am afraid I can't weigh in on your options, but I just wanted to say that this is going to be a spectacular quilt!! I love the circles/spots! Please post a pic of it completed!! :)

cathyvv 10-05-2010 09:20 AM

Combine option 1 and 2 - orange and blue look great together and with the white background, won't be overwhelming.

virtualbernie 10-05-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
Combine option 1 and 2 - orange and blue look great together and with the white background, won't be overwhelming.

I agree!

deema 10-05-2010 10:39 AM

I'd do all three.

Narrow blue border, one blue circle within the large, and one or two random blues.

dorrell ann 10-05-2010 11:09 AM

I like the third one

luv-e 10-05-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

Originally Posted by cathyvv

I agree!

Ditto :thumbup:

madamekelly 10-06-2010 08:45 AM

I kinda like the idea of doing the whole quilt with the white and orange, then appliqueing a few random size scattered blue circles to be eye catchers, then having the whole border be in the blue....? Just my op. Nice work!

kristen0112 10-06-2010 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for all your suggestions.
Here's what I have done. I have thrown in a few blue circles, and the first border will be blue. I only was able to take one photo this morning then the battery died in my camera so it may not be the best shot.

I still have a few more to finish. I also thought the upper right needed blue so after looking at picture added 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114435[/ATTACH]

virtualbernie 10-06-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Thank you for all your suggestions.
Here's what I have done. I have thrown in a few blue circles, and the first border will be blue. I only was able to take one photo this morning then the battery died in my camera so it may not be the best shot.

That's gonna be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!