Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What I've been working on the last couple of evenings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-ive-been-working-last-couple-evenings-t20983.html)

pittsburgpam 06-04-2009 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from the book Jelly Roll Quilts and it takes one jelly roll. I had two of the Nature's Chorus jelly rolls that I tentatively have planned for a log cabin along with a solid white Moda Sugar. I decided to use one of them for this and each jelly roll has 10 of the white background so, I took all 20 of them and then selected 20 of the other colors. That still leaves me with 40 strips of just colors to go with the solid white.

Anyway... this was fairly simple to do, just a bunch of loooonnnggg seams sewing the strips together into sets of 4 then cutting them into triangles and sewing them into blocks. Now I need to play around with the layout. Each strip set has a large off-cut with the suggestion to cut them into strips to do a pieced border. I am thinking if I can get another row of blocks out of it that I can make the quilt larger, 3 blocks x 4 blocks. I could always take a few more strips out of the other jelly roll too.

amma 06-04-2009 07:53 PM

Very pretty fabrics and pattern :D :D :D

gcathie 06-04-2009 07:58 PM

Love the colors.....sure gonna be pretty when it's done!...:-)

kluedesigns 06-04-2009 08:10 PM

its the perfect spring time quilt. i could see us having a picnic on it at the park.

its just lovely.

Pinkrose4664 06-04-2009 08:18 PM

I love it! Would love to do that pattern in the future. Great job

sharon b 06-04-2009 08:28 PM

Love it ! Did you use a special traingle ?
Sharon

pittsburgpam 06-04-2009 08:41 PM

It does look like Spring. I've been working with dark colors for the last several quilts and I wanted to do something light.

No, I didn't use a special triangle. Just a diagonal cut after cutting them into squares.

I WAS able to get a whole other row out of the off-cuts, just barely, so it's going to be a good sized quilt. I have the floral stripped border fabric that goes with the collection and the pattern is 7 1/2" repeat so it's big borders too.

mamabird3 06-04-2009 08:57 PM

Ooooo I love the fabrics!

omak 06-04-2009 09:08 PM

I have that book!
That is a neat quilt. Thank you for inspiring me to take that jelly roll on the top shelf, the book that has been sitting on the shelf for months (after having just looked at it once) and actually do something with it all.
That is truly a lovely quilt. You did a good job!

pittsburgpam 06-04-2009 09:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That book has lots of very simple patterns and there are several I want to do. The great thing about jelly rolls is there is no washing and drying, just a bit of ironing. :wink:

It will be a decent size quilt, this is on a queen sized bed. I have some stash fabric that matches the darkest pink flowers but I'm not sure if I have enough to do a very slim border before the floral one. Could maybe use it for binding.

I didn't square up anything while making it. I just don't want to spend hours doing that when it's a plain and simple project. If it's wonky, who would even know with that pattern??