Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This is what keeps me away from my DJ, a watercolor bargello, plaid/flannel etc LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-keeps-me-away-my-dj-watercolor-bargello-plaid-flannel-etc-lol-t201362.html)

DianneK 09-24-2012 06:36 AM

Nothing is more satisfying than to be able to create something beautiful out of scraps, especially when they were given as a gift! Your quilts are beautiful

QuiltnNan 09-24-2012 07:56 AM

great creations. you sure did the bargello the hard way - square by square

Jingle 09-24-2012 08:28 AM

All are gorgeous, I'm sure they will be loved. Wonderful work on them.

red-warrior 09-24-2012 10:51 AM

Very nice choices for your gift stash!!!

liking quilting 09-24-2012 05:25 PM

Great use of scraps! The giver certainly know the right person to give them to.

alfosa421 09-24-2012 05:47 PM

Love them all especially the poinsetta one but what is lefsa??????Recipe??

QM 09-24-2012 05:54 PM

You did well. Those unsquare squares can be a pain. We always have to add or substract. Your quilt was worth the work.

spartan quilter 09-24-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by alfosa421 (Post 5539109)
Love them all especially the poinsetta one but what is lefsa??????Recipe??

Lefsa is a Norweigan food. The base is made of mashed potatoes, cream, butter and flour. Rolled thinner than a pie crust, and then lightly fried on a large grill, turning like a pancake. My lefsa usually measure 8>10 inches across. To eat it, you spread it with butter and then add what ever you like, such as sugar, any variety, peanut butter, honey, meats, etc. It is like a bread substitute. It was generally eaten with lutefisk, and I won't go into that. And since I am of Polish descent, learning to make lefsa came after I was married. But now, I have grandchildren who make it with their Moms. I would guess that you could probaby google it, but if you really want to do it, I do have a recipe. And I do share.

NewbieToQuilting 09-27-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 5539194)
Lefsa is a Norweigan food. The base is made of mashed potatoes, cream, butter and flour. Rolled thinner than a pie crust, and then lightly fried on a large grill, turning like a pancake. My lefsa usually measure 8>10 inches across. To eat it, you spread it with butter and then add what ever you like, such as sugar, any variety, peanut butter, honey, meats, etc. It is like a bread substitute. It was generally eaten with lutefisk, and I won't go into that. And since I am of Polish descent, learning to make lefsa came after I was married. But now, I have grandchildren who make it with their Moms. I would guess that you could probaby google it, but if you really want to do it, I do have a recipe. And I do share.

I'm from northwest North Dakota so I know exactly what Lefsa is!! We grew up eating it. Never could do the lutefisk though!! Grandma is 100% Norwegian so we had it a lot :) Quilts are beautiful.

Mariposa 09-27-2012 11:26 AM

Fun creations! Great job!!