Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What's black and white and red all over? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/whats-black-white-red-all-over-t75915.html)

deema 11-16-2010 05:19 AM

Oooh! Those are gorgeous, and I want ALL OF THEM! I've been squirrelling away black, white and red fabrics to make a quilt for ME and I want those to put in it!

deema 11-16-2010 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
Ok I just went to that site. Of course I had to sign up, it's ok because I can never get enough quilting emails!!LOL!! But it asked me for a 'company tax ID' do you need to have a company or something to be able to purchase from these ppl?? I'm now sad. I am going to have to find out if I can get them somewhere else. Maybe I can find some next week. I am doing the Fab Shop Hop. :-( :-(

If you clicked onto the manufacturer's site, Studio E Fabrics, you are not going to be able to buy from them unless you are a business, because they only sell wholesale to the trade.

There's been a good bit of interest in these fabrics, though, based upon the pictures that I posted here, so I'm going to mull it over until Tuesday and decide which ones to order. The first three are definitely going to make the cut; I haven't made up my mind yet about the rest.

(Have you figured out that the first pictures in the line-up are always the ones that I like the best?)

Of the second group, I like...ALL of them. But If I *had* to choose, I'd nix the polka dots.

dmyers 11-16-2010 05:58 AM

i'd buy them all! i just did a rbw quilt for a guy and the zig zag would have been a great addition. but this collection would be great for a girl who loves her shoes...me me me!

jdeery 11-16-2010 09:31 AM

I would make a purse or tote bag for shopping along with
a lunch bag to match! How cute!

mrs theo 11-16-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
I like the shoes and the red, would use both in totes or lap throw for a shoe fanatic.

I am a shoe fanatic and I love that fabric!!!

cjaye44 11-17-2010 09:30 AM

I like all but the zigzag. It hurts my eyes. The medallions are my favorite.

Favorite Fabrics 11-18-2010 07:37 PM

Thank you all for your comments on this fabric. So many people weighed in favorably about these that I've gone ahead and ordered the first four for the store, plus the black dots on the white background, and two others that I didn't picture that will also "play nicely" with them all.

Of all the fabrics, it seems like the shoes were a hit. So much so, that Studio E is sold out (for now) and their next printing won't be ready until the end of December.

I hope you all have as much fun looking at the "fabric previews" as I do reading the comments! If the saying is true that "Two heads are better than one", then it surely follow that "Many heads are even better than two"! :-)

2livesdown7togo 11-20-2010 01:42 PM

The shoes and the zigzag in a tote (to me the shoes look like another kind of zigzag)...

Love them all.

rebeljane 01-05-2011 06:59 AM

Love the zig zag

Patched 01-05-2011 10:12 AM

I like the shoes, the stripe and a couple of the black and white and red and white. Purses, table toppers, decorate a sweat shirt or many other projects.