Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   When do you abandon a project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/when-do-you-abandon-project-t52936.html)

susiequilt 07-05-2010 08:19 AM

Another thing to think about is just because it is not to your taste it might be just what your MIL loves.

grandmaquilts 07-05-2010 08:36 AM

I like it too. I think if you add some sashing arount the blocks
you will be surprised at how pretty it will be.

dkabasketlady 07-05-2010 08:51 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: I don't see a thing wrong with it. We're always our own worse critics. Please continue with your quilt, it'll be amazing!!

May in Jersey 07-05-2010 08:51 AM

If you can add a few lighter or darker squares it would give you some contrast in the quilt. If not, it look great as is. May in Jersey

sueisallaboutquilts 07-05-2010 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
:thumbup: :thumbup: I don't see a thing wrong with it. We're always our own worse critics. Please continue with your quilt, it'll be amazing!!

I totally agree!! Keep on truckin with it! :D

Ditter43 07-05-2010 10:16 AM

I agree with everyone else...keep going...you may be surprised at how good it will look!!! :thumbup:

Luv Quilts and Cats 07-05-2010 10:17 AM

I agree with b.zang. I think the fabrics are beautiful and like she said, create a subtle look. That's not a bad thing.

schwanton 07-05-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by cminor
I got a gift card from my MIL for my birthday last month. I finally went to Joanns on Saturday and was totally drawn to 2 certain fabrics.

I came home excited wanting to maybe make something that I could give her. This would be my first gift. I wanted to use both fabrics together and spent most of Saturday trying to figure out how to do that.

I finally decided on a pattern and loved it since I would be able to strip piece it and it would go together quickly.

As you can see below, these fabrics don't really seem to work together. For as much time as I have spent on this board you would think I would have noticed the scale would not work. Not to mention, the color is so spicific I had a hard time trying to find another fabric to go with it. Everything was too blue - or two yellow. . .

My issue is this set of 4 blocks went together better than any other block I have made. Maybe becuase I actually washed the fabric first instead of skipping that step, or maybe I really am getting better at measuring and cutting (finally!). So now I am dissapointed that I almost know this will not work.

The block in the picture was not even trimmed. I can't belive how well it turned out. Well, except for the fabric I used! :)

What a great block - lines up perfectly! I like the colors - maybe browns would be a good accent for sashing or borders - I love it!

ToucanSam 07-05-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
I actually like it. I too think that when you get more blocks together a very subtle pattern will appear. And as suggested, you could add some extra eye interest with a few well place appliques or even sashing. Keep going and don't forget the pics!

in total agreement! :)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-05-2010 11:57 AM

Your no where near the point of no return, keep going, thats far from the "U" word. If you liked them when you started you will when finished!!!!
Lots of good suggestions above, but remember there are no Quilt Police..... however if you get stopped pull out your creative license :) Enjoy !!!