Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   When life gets crazy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/when-life-gets-crazy-t310346.html)

sewingitalltogether 03-28-2020 06:39 AM

When life gets crazy

4 Attachment(s)
When life gets crazy......make a crazy quilt. These blocks are from Pintangle.com. I've got 7 of them that I'm working some basic stitches on. That's before I get crazy. Using the fancy fabrics this time. My other crazy quilts were in batik fabrics.

Lee in Richmond 03-28-2020 06:53 AM

Those are stunning! I keep meaning to try my hand at this. . .

juliasb 03-28-2020 07:41 AM

I have only made one crazy quilt and never would have thought to make it using a large hexagon! How exciting. I keep saving scraps of every kind of fancy fabrics just for another one and have a bin designated just for a future crazy quilt. I have so many different laces too. I love your hexi design. I can't wait to see this one finished great work so far.,

Lee in Richmond 03-28-2020 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8373000)
I have only made one crazy quilt and never would have thought to make it using a large hexagon! How exciting. I keep saving scraps of every kind of fancy fabrics just for another one and have a bin designated just for a future crazy quilt. I have so many different laces too. I love your hexi design. I can't wait to see this one finished great work so far.,

I save them, too, but generally plan to incorporate them into lap-covering-size alzheimers quilts, where you can use lace and all manner of items that can be strongly affixed.

Tartan 03-28-2020 08:00 AM

Great blocks! How do you plan on putting them together?

cashs_mom 03-28-2020 08:17 AM

Those are so pretty! They make me want to get out some of my silks and velvets and start a crazy quilt jacket!

Edit: I just went and looked at pintangle.com. Omg! So many great ideas! This would be great to take to quilting bee with me. No need to take a machine!

sewingitalltogether 03-28-2020 09:07 AM

Thanks for the kind words and support. Each hexagon is backed as you finish them. It looks like she cut an inch extra bringing the back around to the front for a 1/2" border. She said she zigzag stitches them together . I will probably hand stitch them though. I've had to pull out all of my embroidery and crazy books just to get a bit of a different look. I've ordered more fabrics, threads and beads. I want lots of beads on these. Gives me something to wrap my brain around other than being in the middle of the new hotspot in Michigan. I really miss my daughter's face and the grandsons.

Jingle 03-28-2020 02:44 PM

Beautiful blocks.

granky 03-28-2020 03:58 PM

That's going to be one beautiful quilt!

Trapunta 03-28-2020 04:12 PM

That looks like fun! Post again when you finish. I'd love to see your completed work. I'm sure it will be stunning.