Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Where can I find this pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/where-can-i-find-pattern-t147410.html)

Bubblegum0077 08-23-2011 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I remember correctly a board member was at a quilt show and posted some pics of quilts. Does anyone know what the name of this pattern is and where I can find it?

I want to make this but don't think I can guess what the dimensions are. Thank goodness it doesn't contain Y seams.

Ladymurphy 08-23-2011 06:18 PM

Picture is missing.

MTS 08-23-2011 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a bit of an illusion, but the quilt is all made with HST's. There are no inset/y-seams. You can see how each block is constructed.

My monitor is acting up so I can't quite make out if the other side of some of the larger HST (the plain side) is made up of multiple fabrics or not.

But the quilt is a lot easier to piece than you would think at first glance.

btiny36 08-23-2011 06:34 PM

Try Keepsake quilting...they have something similar

QuiltnNan 08-23-2011 06:35 PM

it's very pretty. sorry i'm no help

leatheflea 08-23-2011 06:36 PM

I think the border has inset seams

MTS 08-23-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea

Yeah, could be. This monitor is pathetic, but that outer border doesn't even look pieced. I can't see a break in that fabric at all.
Maybe those darker rust strips were partially appliqued.

Can you see a seam there? (I'm going to through this laptop out the window any minute.)

But the inside star is really a breeze to make.

slk350 08-23-2011 06:41 PM

Can't help you, but sure is pretty

leatheflea 08-23-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MTS

Originally Posted by leatheflea

Yeah, could be. This monitor is pathetic, but that outer border doesn't even look pieced. I can't see a break in that fabric at all.
Maybe those darker rust strips were partially appliqued.

Can you see a seam there? (I'm going to through this laptop out the window any minute.)

But the inside star is really a breeze to make.

Agreed on the center, I bet its one that looks hard but isnt. Now i'm on a search for a the pattern.

MTS 08-23-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
I want to make this but don't think I can guess what the dimensions are. Thank goodness it doesn't contain Y seams.

You could make it any multiple of four.

So, for example, the plain dark rust squares in the corners of the star could be 8" FINISHED,

All those smaller HST's are 2" FINISHED, so the 16 patch next to the plain blocks would also measure 8" FINISHED.

Or it could be 2.5" / 10" or, if you want it smaller, 1.5" / 6".

Figure the size of the final quilt will be around 11 times the size of that plain block, including the border: 8" block = ~88" square quilt.

through for throw???? embarrassing :shock: :roll: