Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Whew! My scrap-cutting is finished - for now at least! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/whew-my-scrap-cutting-finished-now-least-t268980.html)

annette1952 08-23-2015 06:18 AM

Your scraps look so nice. I desperately need to do the same thing I have too many bins & 2 gallon bags of scraps. Most are sorted by color but that is about it. I think I will just do a little here & there until they are all cut into usable pieces. Thanks for sharing your beautifully cut scraps & the inspiration for me to at least get started on.

acjacques 08-23-2015 03:36 PM

The summer has been real hot and I can't turn the sewing machine, iron and air conditioner on all the same time without tripping the circuit breaker, so I have been cutting all my fabric scraps in same manner. I get up around 5 am to press the fabrics, and after breakfast I start cutting. Now, all I need to do is to buy some clear plastic boxes so I can sort them by size. Not sure what to make with them, but there will be enough to make some baby quilts.

Sewbeeit2 08-29-2015 04:27 AM

Great Job..Now hit Bonnie Hunters website and find all the patterns
you can do with each size..She has a wonderful chart.....

Onetomatoplant 08-29-2015 04:48 AM

Go, you! I have three grocery bags full of scraps, and I keep telling myself it's not that much, I'll get to them. But I know I need to do it Now, before it gets to be too much. You might have inspired me.

quilter2theend 08-29-2015 04:50 AM

It is on my bucket list!!!! Hehe

MissM 08-29-2015 06:42 AM

Congrats too you, it surely must be a wonderful feeling. I too started this project back in Jan when my machine was in for it's annual checkup. I have a huge bin full of scraps. I got about halfway through just cutting the scraps into the largest strip/square and working my way down to the smallest. Then I saved all the tiny pieces I couldn't use and gave to a friend that makes Minatare quilts. However, once my machine came home all progress stopped and of course I a generating more. Somehow I have to motivate myself to meet my original goal.

elnan 04-23-2016 09:52 AM

QM, I am curious about your mention of a Vestibule pattern and the image you posted here. I keep trying to find a Vestibule quilt pattern, and all I find is a quilt of stars mentioned often with quilt historian Barbara Brackman's name.

QuiltnLady1 04-23-2016 01:45 PM

Good job! I too am working through my scraps. I have been working on and off for 3 days and the bins are still as full as before I started. I think the scraps are multiplying. I have found some pretty big pieces in the bins, and those I will leave whole (almost 1/2 yd, almost fat quarter, and some very long strips, etc.) I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but if I don't organize the scraps I know I won't use them.

butter14562 04-23-2016 03:49 PM

I worked on using up my cut scraps last year. Made a couple quilts. I find it challenging. I also have the same book. And like to cut my scraps as soon as a project is done. I have been clearing out my ceder chests, and came across a lot of my grown children's left behind shirts, flannel. I spent the last few months cutting them up to make him a quilt. Then last year I was clearing out my husbands old t shirts,and the bright ideas of making rugs! I'm still working my way through these projects. Getting better at rug making, but I like quilting better.

sewingsuz 04-23-2016 03:50 PM

I started the same thing a few weeks ago. I bought 12 $2 bins and have a lot cut and a lot more to go. It would go faster if I bought a Go.