Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   White Runner almost done.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/white-runner-almost-done-t189319.html)

Becky Crafts 05-18-2012 05:48 AM

White Runner almost done..

1 Attachment(s)
I have been working hard on an applique runner for my sister recently. It is mainly white with shades of denim blue flowers appliqued on it. It is as with most of my runners, reversible. I have had a few problems with it and it is still trying to dry at this time. First, as soon as I got the inner binding sewn down, a miniscule green bug was seen crawling across one edge. I tried to brush it off at which point it seemed to explode in this giant green stain. I swear he was barely big enough to see & I just brushed at him!!! So, I used everything in my stain repertoire to remove it. I could still see it. I finished the runner anyway, then rinsed it in a cool water bath. Some of the dark blue ran into the white. (But the green stain was gone!!) So I ran cool water over it which seemed to help until the next morning. DH had also told me to iron it which I would have done anyway...now the starch residue leaves yellow-orange stains on it. Now I buy some color catchers (TY so much ladies) and they seem to have worked. As soon as I hung it outside the sun went behind clouds. It had been bright & sunny all day prior to this. I brought it in. If this runner ever dries, it is SO out of here!!!

jbening 05-18-2012 06:31 AM

Your runner is beautiful and I admire you for preservering through all the trials. I probably would have given up. They say we learn from our problems but not sure I want to learn so much. LOL.

Chicca 05-18-2012 06:54 AM

Sorry to hear all the problems you had; but so glad that you WON!! It is a beautiful tablerunner.

Tweety2911 05-18-2012 08:45 AM

So sorry to hear you have had "one of those days" with this table runner and so happy everything turned out well!
It is beautiful and she will love it!

QUILTNMO 05-18-2012 08:52 AM

its very pretty!!!she will love it

crafty pat 05-18-2012 09:20 AM

Despite all the problems it turned out so pretty. Glad you stayed with it.

Helen S 05-18-2012 09:32 AM

Seems like "some days it's the frying pan, some days it's the fire"! lol Glad it worked out ok in the end, but sorry you had so much frustration to deal with. It's very pretty!

Becky Crafts 05-18-2012 09:33 AM

Thank you! It took me four days of trials & tribulations but I did finally win. It's now in a 2-gallon zip lock baggie inside another plastic Tyvek mailer and a color catcher sheet was added for her use. It's ready to go except for the address! Yippee!!! :-)

Sewfine 05-18-2012 09:54 AM

That is beautiful. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. When I was making my Valentine wall hanging, I bearly pricked my finger with a stick pin and got blood all over the white back ground. Had to make a new top before I could put the hearts on it. Thanks for sharing.

Blinkokr 05-18-2012 10:43 AM

Just beautiful, great job and thank you for sharing, she will love it. Have a Blessed day Ellen