Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Who Knew, First Patch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/who-knew-first-patch-t62410.html)

Rosyhf 08-31-2010 02:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
OMG, I went into one of my little drawers when I throw odd blocks. Guess what I found? The first 20 blocks are up on the board and I love them.

I remember when I was so crazy about quilting when I first started and realized that, no more little patches but now it's rulers and strips cut and a whole new game.

I would never touch quilting before this time. Well long story short, I got a computer and went hunting. I found the WWQP and was so amazed at all the blocks and instructions with each one. I decided I was going to make every one of them hahahahahah

I got a good taste of rotary cutting with these blocks and sewing a precise 1/4 seam. The blocks are all sizes. If I like a block I made it and put them in the little drawer.

Four of the blocks came from the Judy Martin, free block section. I fell in love with that star on and can you believe the fabric? I actually had that fabric. The second row of blocks are all JM except for the very first one.

The first row block is one I found somewhere, I have no clue now what any of them are called or where I got them...just the few from the WWQP.

20 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108258[/ATTACH]

haven't a clue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108261[/ATTACH]

Judy Martin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108263[/ATTACH]

judy martin blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108314[/ATTACH]

GrammaNan 08-31-2010 02:36 PM

Wow, that is quite a collection of beautiful blocks. Have you decided what you are going to do with them?

colleen53 08-31-2010 02:38 PM

wow. rosie ! i am thinking of just doing blocks from a book i have.. you inspire me to look into this a bit more.

rootyr 08-31-2010 02:39 PM

Wow, they are great!

Rosyhf 08-31-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
Wow, that is quite a collection of beautiful blocks. Have you decided what you are going to do with them?

Yes Nan, I think I will used these blocks with the 15 or so Dear Jane ones and make a quilt with them.

bjnicholson 08-31-2010 02:44 PM

Is that one Judy Martin a whack n stack?

Mariposa 08-31-2010 03:05 PM

Looks like you have a good start on a sampler quilt! :)

Rosyhf 08-31-2010 03:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Second lot. I would on a regular basis make crazy blocks with my scraps. I like to put a pic in the middle of the block ..like scaps left over from cats or fish etc. I also would take tiny stips and make a circle...here is a batch of those.

Let me add that I use dryer sheets as the backing for my crazy patches, it works so well and give a nice feel to the block.

frog coming out from under log lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108332[/ATTACH]

Black Angle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108333[/ATTACH]

Rosyhf 08-31-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Is that one Judy Martin a whack n stack?

Judy Martin never does that hahahah...oh my...no all her blocks are always rotary cut, she make you do the patches one at a time lol.

sewmuchmore 08-31-2010 03:22 PM

Awesome blocks. what a nice surprise. :wink: