Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This is why i love PPing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/why-i-love-pping-t263878.html)

PenniF 04-11-2015 07:17 AM

This is why i love PPing

1 Attachment(s)
My 12 year old DGD asked if we could make a lap quilt for a very special teacher she's had this year - which warmed my heart that she would ask me. Her teacher's favorite color combo is red, black, white. Because of time, i told her i would get it started, but she had to commit to doing the corner squares and final border. Here is the center medallion so far....which i did start to finished last night.
I know many of you could, but there is no way i could get this much done and so precisely if i didn't paper piece it. There will be one more "row" to add to each wedge before i sew them together....then i'll start working on the designs for the corners. DGD has done pp'ing with me and really likes it too - so i'm looking forward to working on that together. Thanks for looking.[ATTACH=CONFIG]516540[/ATTACH]

KSellers 04-11-2015 07:20 AM

Wow that's beautiful! What a blessed teacher, I'm sure she is going to love it!!

Jo Belmont 04-11-2015 07:23 AM

That is quite beautiful and I'm sure your effort with your DGD will be even more so. I love the medallion and wonder if there is a template you might put up here so we might print it off. I realize it's possible to make for one's self, but it sure would save some time.

So looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks for your share.

candicane 04-11-2015 07:31 AM

pping

Originally Posted by Jo Belmont (Post 7161254)
That is quite beautiful and I'm sure your effort with your DGD will be even more so. I love the medallion and wonder if there is a template you might put up here so we might print it off. I realize it's possible to make for one's self, but it sure would save some time.

So looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks for your share.

Oh me to !!!! Pretty please.

tessagin 04-11-2015 07:43 AM

WOW!! What a lucky teacher! Guaranteed to be an A+ smile from her. Anxious to see the finished quilt!! No pride in your family, you got it all!!

QuiltnNan 04-11-2015 08:29 AM

very striking... PP is definitely the way to go

LavenderBlue 04-11-2015 09:06 AM

Wow, so extra striking in that color combo! I have yet to try paper piecing but this is definitely motivating.

BrendaK 04-11-2015 09:13 AM

PenniF this is beautiful. What is the pattern, Please? What a neat thing for your DGD to want to do. What a super neat thing for your DGD to realize your talent and ask for your help. A teacher friend (she just became a Principal) says that things from the students hearts are very special. The time with your granddaughter priceless. I also look forward to seeing the finished project. Thanks for sharing. BrendaK

KalamaQuilts 04-11-2015 09:36 AM

lucky you, lucky granddaughter, lucky teacher!

Tartan 04-11-2015 10:10 AM

Lovely start!