Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Why is it... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/why-t46370.html)

clem55 05-19-2010 06:08 AM

Bigger is great! LOL I very carefully measured my mattress top and figured in the side drops, then made my quiult to that measurement. Then, after it was quilted, just very simple hand quilting, the tops didn"t fit the top of the bed right. That is one thing the pattern books don't tell you! Anyone know how much extra size to add to allow for the quilting?

Pam 05-19-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by FLEnglishTeacher
earthwalker, I love your avatar! I have decided that my life goal is to reproduce Starry, Starry Night in quilt form. I need a little more practice, though. Seeing that print makes me happy.

Stary Stry Nights would be so beautiful, doing all of the swirls in big hand stitches that would just flow over the surface. It would be amazing.

Pam 05-19-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Bigger is great! LOL I very carefully measured my mattress top and figured in the side drops, then made my quiult to that measurement. Then, after it was quilted, just very simple hand quilting, the tops didn"t fit the top of the bed right. That is one thing the pattern books don't tell you! Anyone know how much extra size to add to allow for the quilting?

Opps! I guess just add a couple of inches next time? I do try not to plan too closely, it always bites me in the rear end.

amma 05-19-2010 07:17 AM

Oooo I can't wait to see it all put together :D:D:D

sewjoyce 05-19-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Oooo I can't wait to see it all put together :D:D:D

Me either -- it's gonna be beautiful! :D

belmer 05-19-2010 01:29 PM

Very bright and very pretty, going to be a wonderful quilt.

FLEnglishTeacher 05-19-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Love the colors :thumbup: I can see why you would want it bigger, the hard part for me would be letting it go :wink:

Amen to not wanting to let it go. I feel that my quilts are expressions of me. It's like giving away an arm or something.

littlehud 05-19-2010 07:31 PM

That is going to be an awesome quilt. Funny how they can grow isn't it.

FLEnglishTeacher 05-25-2010 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm pretty sure it will be a long time before I use 3.5" squares again. Even though I used the tube method, this was a beast...but I loved every minute of it. Here it is, "Rainbow Connection."

It fits my queen bed! Too bad, it's for a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73275[/ATTACH]

A closer look at the fabrics. What can I say, I like vibrant colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73276[/ATTACH]

jane65us 05-25-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by FLEnglishTeacher
that every time I start a quilt it turns out to be HUGE by the time I'm done? I guess if I would find a pattern and stick to it instead of just having an idea and building it as I go that wouldn't be an issue. This is the current status of a "Trip Around the World" I'm doing for a friend. Now all I have to do is copy the lower right corner to the other three and back it.

Sounds just like a problem I have..LOL
very Pretty