Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Will the Real 15 clone please stand up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/will-real-15-clone-please-stand-up-t164361.html)

miriam 03-09-2013 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok let's try the nose plate again.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400691[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-09-2013 11:03 AM

I also worked on a yellow clone earlier this week. It was in very nice shape. Then I tried to sew. Something was wrong with the tension maybe. So I took a hard look. The tension unit was not seated into the housing quite right so I took it out - the spring was bent and not in the channel. Got that cleaned up and tried to sew. Nothing. So I put a nose plate from a working machine on it. Nothing changed. Then I checked out the bobbin case - it checked out ok. I traded it out anyway. Nothing changed. So I looked hard at the shuttle. There is a little spring in the shuttle and it was loose. I tightened it up and WOW that machine works wonderfully. It is very much like a new machine.

Jingle 03-26-2013 07:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my 15 clone, made in Japan for a department store that use to be in St. Louis,MO. It was given to a Grandson and I gave him $100.00 for lugging it home. Sews beautifully and had never been used. It needed a new belt, oil - lots of it and a bit of grease on the spindle next to the motor, it would get hung up and break the thread. It is a Vandervoort, that was the name of department store.
Pics didn't load.Here are the pics.

Caroline S 03-26-2013 08:15 AM

She is so pretty. I love how those machine retain their beautiful black finish. It looks as if she had her motor replaced at one point. That machine likely came with a black motor.

grant15clone 03-26-2013 08:23 AM

I like your Vandervoort. Where did you find the blue belt? Most clones had motors added to them after they got here in the states depending on the customers order and specifications.
~G~

DogHouseMom 03-31-2013 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My newest 15 clone - just picked it up last night. No idea what "name" it used to say.

Take a look at the flip top bobbin cover plate though. I like that!!

miriam 03-31-2013 10:11 AM

I guess you can name that one anything you like - real nice machine.

grant15clone 04-01-2013 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5967776)
My newest 15 clone - just picked it up last night. No idea what "name" it used to say.

Take a look at the flip top bobbin cover plate though. I like that!!

It looks like it may have said "Stitchmaster" to me.
~G~

DogHouseMom 04-01-2013 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5969378)
It looks like it may have said "Stitchmaster" to me.
~G~

Sounds about right .. the closer I inspected it I can tell that the first half was definitely "stitch".

grant15clone 04-01-2013 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5969630)
Sounds about right .. the closer I inspected it I can tell that the first half was definitely "stitch".

That is one name on a clone that I have seen a on a few machines before. The script comes in at least three different designs or fonts that I have seen so far. Clones are GREAT straight stitch machines. Your looks like it is in great condition too except for the name.
~G~