Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Will the Real 15 clone please stand up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/will-real-15-clone-please-stand-up-t164361.html)

cabbagepatchkid 11-06-2011 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I tried again by taking pictures with my other camera that uses less pixels and it worked on the thread where you can test putting pictures. Let's see if it works now :rolleyes:

The picture should be of my 15 clone....a Brother in a delicious aqua/turquoise color. I bought it just because I wanted one this color :o plus, after buying an Atlas (also a Brother) from Billy, I fell in love with the vintage clones and all of their wonderful colors.

jljack 11-10-2011 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Sew Eze...a true 15 Clone. Still working on the tension assembly...it seems "off" somehow. The little wire is wrong, and it keeps catching the thread coming down from the take up arm. But she'll be a real prize as soon as I can get that worked out.

miriam 11-10-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4661448)
Here is my Sew Eze...a true 15 Clone. Still working on the tension assembly...it seems "off" somehow. The little wire is wrong, and it keeps catching the thread coming down from the take up arm. But she'll be a real prize as soon as I can get that worked out.

I had that same problem - here is a link might help - look at 'tension mechanism' http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/ I just ordered a spring from sew-classic for .79 - can't beat that.

miriam 11-10-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 4643285)
Well, I tried again by taking pictures with my other camera that uses less pixels and it worked on the thread where you can test putting pictures. Let's see if it works now :rolleyes:

The picture should be of my 15 clone....a Brother in a delicious aqua/turquoise color. I bought it just because I wanted one this color :o plus, after buying an Atlas (also a Brother) from Billy, I fell in love with the vintage clones and all of their wonderful colors.

Love that color!!!

miriam 11-21-2011 02:42 AM

The manual is not real clear how to thread the tension. Maybe someone will post a picture of how that tension should be threaded correctly. Please use string or something that will show up real nice. Be sure to put the needle in the machine the correct way too. (ask me how I know)

cabbagepatchkid 11-21-2011 05:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4661448)

Here are a couple of pics of how your tension might need to be. I haven't actually sewn with this machine yet but this is how it came to me. It looks like the little wire is over on the other side of the tensioner. Maybe yours is on the wrong side.

ETA: Now that I look at mine, so closely, it looks like my little wire is upside down!! I'll have to see if I have the manual to mine

miriam 11-21-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 4704981)
Here are a couple of pics of how your tension might need to be. I haven't actually sewn with this machine yet but this is how it came to me. It looks like the little wire is over on the other side of the tensioner. Maybe yours is on the wrong side.

yes it needs tension attention. Here is the best link I have found on tension repairs. http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...echanism_2.pdf

The spring should be on the other side. Thread goes around the tension, through the spring and around the bar to the take up lever and back down.

miriam 11-22-2011 05:11 AM

I have another clone that I am needing to get the tension fixed. It came with out a tension. I tried to cobble something together out of spare parts. I'm wondering how that little pin in the center of the tension really goes, inside the mess and out the back or in the back through the tension. Which end of the pin goes out? Which end goes in? Doesn't the little pin hit the take up lever and activate the tension. Mine doesn't move at all. So I keep taking it apart and putting it together a different way. I haven't done the math yet but there must really be a lot of combinations how that thing could go. One day it will work. I got the machine to work with a different nose plate though - so I know it is something I'm not getting right. Usually I can put a tension together no problem - specially if I see it come apart, lay the pieces out in some kind of order and re-assemble in the same order. Getting the tension spring in right can be a trick and that pin going right - I do know you have to have one. That was one areal where the manual assumes I know more than I do. A lot of it is fiddling with it until it works.

krista 12-12-2011 04:57 PM

my first clone!

4 Attachment(s)
I think this is a clone 15, but not sure! All that needs to be done is it needs a new cord. Otherwise it is beautiful! It is an Eau Claire De Luxe. The numbers on the front bottom say E5621727 with an M circled. If anyone can give me some information on it that would be great. Thank you.

miriam 12-12-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by krista (Post 4776417)
I think this is a clone 15, but not sure! All that needs to be done is it needs a new cord. Otherwise it is beautiful! It is an Eau Claire De Luxe. The numbers on the front bottom say E5621727 with an M circled. If anyone can give me some information on it that would be great. Thank you.

Looks like a clone to me - who knows when it was made. probably a little later one because it isn't black. Don't you just love the color? I love the way those do FM