Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Winter Swirl ... sort of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/winter-swirl-sort-t292511.html)

MarionsQuilts 11-11-2017 01:04 PM

Winter Swirl ... sort of

2 Attachment(s)
So I bought this pattern at a quilt show in the summer. Bought all the different shades of fabric to do it (5 shades - light to dark).

First off, this pattern is Very poorly written / designed. I spent an hour working out how the triangles should be set up so that it would work. It didn't. I did the first four and realized that she didn't explain how the triangles rotate ... so I scrapped the idea and just did two more and made a center piece LOL

If anyone wants this pattern, it's up for grabs, I'll send it to you, but be warned, you will be spending time trying to figure it out! And, the paper piecing layout is horrible. It's a photocopy of the original, and the 1/4 inch seams are cut off the copy.

Here's a pic of the pattern:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583704[/ATTACH]

And here's my final piece - just have to quilt it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583705[/ATTACH]

Boston1954 11-11-2017 01:18 PM

Marion, I love it!! You did a beautiful job. Are you making all three? You should. It's great.

QuiltnNan 11-11-2017 01:45 PM

nicely done

MarionsQuilts 11-11-2017 01:45 PM

No! The pattern is horrible LOL ... I had a hard enough time just getting these ones done!

I do like what I have, but it's done now!

coopah 11-11-2017 02:28 PM

Oh, that’s really beautiful. Truly. It’s too bad that the pattern and paper piecing were so problematic. The piece you did was worth the effort...even if it was aggravating! Kudos to you for sticking with it.

BrendaK 11-11-2017 02:44 PM

Love it. BrendaK

Jane Quilter 11-11-2017 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 7942160)
Oh, that’s really beautiful. Truly. It’s too bad that the pattern and paper piecing were so problematic. The piece you did was worth the effort...even if it was aggravating! Kudos to you for sticking with it.

Ditto, coopah.....you took the words right out of my mouth......what a beauty!

laurie kahle 11-11-2017 02:59 PM

Oh wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarionsQuilts 11-11-2017 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 7942160)

Thank you! But I didn't stick with it LOL ... I should have made 8 more ... now that would have been sticking with it.

I have the EQ7 so I might just fix the pattern myself and try again at a later date!

I do like the effect tho, it is pretty!

MarionsQuilts 11-11-2017 03:22 PM

Well, I just realized (thank you pinterest) that this is made from the twisted log cabin! And I have that in my EQ 7 ... so now I can just print a Much better pattern, and go from there!