Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Winter Whispers- (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/winter-whispers-t233006.html)

omaluvs2quilt 10-27-2013 12:45 PM

Oops...I was wrong, its not Northcott, its Wilmington Prints by Michelle Mara for the center portion of the quilt to the first pieced border.

Valerie Scherr 11-11-2013 11:35 AM

Love this quilt and it is on my list have already bought the panel...

amelia0607 11-11-2013 03:35 PM

I love that! My mom had a house on the river complete with Eagle nested in a tree in the winter. Haven't thought about that Eagle in a while - thanks!!

boots31green 05-15-2014 06:41 PM

What an amazingly beautiful job you did. I just purchased this panel myself and would like to make a lap quilt out of it. I absolutely love the color choices that you made. I can not quite tell what the lighter tans and browns are. Would you by any chance remember the fabric color name/line they came from? I am a new quilter and this is so exciting. I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide. Thank You so much :) I look forward to your reply.

Susan
p.s your little dog is precious

BrendaK 05-15-2014 10:19 PM

WOW. BEAUTIFUL. BrendaK

twinsister2 05-16-2014 05:50 AM

I'm guessing you have a very large long arm, because it was so big to begin with! I'm jealous! The largest I have ever done is 104x108 and I thought that was huge! What machine do you use? Love you courage to tackle a project that size! You're my hero!

Prim Quilts 05-16-2014 09:25 AM

Very nice. I think the doggie approves.

omaluvs2quilt 05-16-2014 10:58 AM

Thank you so much, I was ever so glad to be finished with this one.

[TABLE="align: left"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: left"]The brown & creme tone fabrics were Stonehenge by Northcott: dark brown, apollo, mojave, and spatter. There are so many Stonehenge fabrics that work well with nature type quilts. I'm working on another one now, but it has a lot of applique, so it may be a while!

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Originally Posted by boots31green (Post 6718000)
What an amazingly beautiful job you did. I just purchased this panel myself and would like to make a lap quilt out of it. I absolutely love the color choices that you made. I can not quite tell what the lighter tans and browns are. Would you by any chance remember the fabric color name/line they came from? I am a new quilter and this is so exciting. I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide. Thank You so much :) I look forward to your reply.

Susan
p.s your little dog is precious

omaluvs2quilt 05-16-2014 11:01 AM

Thank you, this one was pretty stressful to say the least! Actually I did the stitch in the ditch on my Janome 6600 (that was NO fun), and bought an HQ Sweet 16 sit-down machine to do the fmq because I could no longer wrestle it through my small machine.

Originally Posted by twinsister2 (Post 6718533)
I'm guessing you have a very large long arm, because it was so big to begin with! I'm jealous! The largest I have ever done is 104x108 and I thought that was huge! What machine do you use? Love you courage to tackle a project that size! You're my hero!