Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WIP that was dangerously close to becoming a UFO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wip-dangerously-close-becoming-ufo-t134244.html)

skippitydodahquilts 06-30-2011 09:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So a couple months ago, I started on this color wheel wall hanging for my sewing room. Well, we put the house on the market, I did two commission pieces, and this just kinda got put on the back-burner.

Well, I used a metallic thread by Wonderfil, and it was so fussy. I didn't know what kind of quilting I would do, so I experimented with a couple things, and I have to pick out a little part and finish it. This metallic thread is a little diva and doesn't like coming out of quilts! Anyway, I'm not worried about finishing it any time soon, since we'll be moving in a few weeks.

Mariposa 06-30-2011 09:12 AM

Cute little quilt! Best to you on your move~

jdiane318 06-30-2011 09:13 AM

Bowtie blocks are one of my most favorite blocks.

skippitydodahquilts 06-30-2011 09:18 AM

Oh, side note - DH wanted to do the color placement, and this is what he came up with. I think he has a future in pattern design ;)

GreatStarter 06-30-2011 09:35 AM

It's a cute colorwheel quilt. And I agree, your dh might have a future in pattern design, he did great with color placement. Using that thread would have finished me on the project, I never would have completed it.

Kat

redquilter 06-30-2011 09:51 AM

Like the colors and the color placement. Yep - think your hubby did good! Good luck on your move.

Painiacs 06-30-2011 10:24 AM

U both did great! What a team you make!

jaciqltznok 06-30-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
So a couple months ago, I started on this color wheel wall hanging for my sewing room. Well, we put the house on the market, I did two commission pieces, and this just kinda got put on the back-burner.

Well, I used a metallic thread by Wonderfil, and it was so fussy. I didn't know what kind of quilting I would do, so I experimented with a couple things, and I have to pick out a little part and finish it. This metallic thread is a little diva and doesn't like coming out of quilts! Anyway, I'm not worried about finishing it any time soon, since we'll be moving in a few weeks.

without a metallic needle and fine thread in the bobbin metallic thread is always a DIVA..or PITA...depends on the day!

butterflies5518 06-30-2011 10:40 AM

So you located a home to purchase? Congratulations!

sarahrachel 06-30-2011 10:42 AM

I completely agree with metallic thread! I did a little spider web on a garden quilt, it's on the first quilt thread, and I only embroidered it on. NEVER AGAIN! The thread broke, wouldn't tread, wouldn't hold a knot, or unwound, but I think you're using a different brand. But the quilt is wonderful and if it gets put on hold for a while, maybe one day you'll come back to it and know exactly what you want to do! good luck!