Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Words you never want to hear... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/words-you-never-want-hear-t42095.html)

skpkatydid 04-08-2010 10:25 AM

Oh come on now people , someone is out there just waiting for this fabric to finish that special project. (grin)

A wall hanging for the bathroom....just over the toilet, especially one that the males in the family use. It doesn't have to be just little boys that would benefit from the reminder....(grin).

kwhite 04-08-2010 10:30 AM

I like it. I have seen fabric that has male body parts on it. So this is no big deal as far as I am concerned. Then again I am the "ugly fabric queen" so maybe my opinion is not really very valuable.

quiltluvr 04-08-2010 11:52 AM

If it were a Hallmark card, I'd think of someone to send it too, but as a fabric, it isn't anything I'd sew with. Go figure.

Stummel 04-08-2010 11:54 AM

This is what I'd use to clean the toilet with.

GrammaO 04-08-2010 12:13 PM

You can tell I raised all girls! I saw the puddle by the toilet and thought, 'oh, it's leaking!' Groan......Artists who read this-don't take offense-but some things that are called art totally confuse me. This design is one of those are-you-kidding-me? I'm sure someone with a quirky sense of humor is going to turn it into something great!

quiltluvr 04-08-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaO
You can tell I raised all girls! I saw the puddle by the toilet and thought, 'oh, it's leaking!' Groan......Artists who read this-don't take offense-but some things that are called art totally confuse me. This design is one of those are-you-kidding-me? I'm sure someone with a quirky sense of humor is going to turn it into something great!

A project from Mark Lipinski comes to mind. :lol:

laralea 04-08-2010 12:16 PM

I think it's cute and I agree that it would make great aprons. My sister cleans houses for a living and she'd probably have a good giggle if she received an apron in this fabric.

rb. 04-08-2010 12:56 PM

The 40s? No way. That's pretty current "stay at home" mother fabric. My life for the last 15 years. I think it's great! And not even HALF as scary as the real deal. ;-)

raptureready 04-08-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by laralea
I think it's cute and I agree that it would make great aprons. My sister cleans houses for a living and she'd probably have a good giggle if she received an apron in this fabric.

She probably would and that's a great idea. I also liked the bathroom wall hanging idea. Kwhite mentioned something about fabric with male body parts. I don't know if this qualifies but I have the Alexander Henry "Construction Pin-up Guys" fabric and have made a few things from it--a table topper for a friend, a Funky Neighborhood house under construction. Sometimes ugly fabric is fun. You've all convinced me so, I hereby officially reverse my previous statement about dust rags. :thumbup: :thumbup: But I still don't like the Charmin commercial. :lol: :lol:

TanyaMas 04-08-2010 01:12 PM

ROFL,thats too funny :D, but im 1 with an odd sense of humor too.
and I must really admit, id rather it be in the floor where it can be mopped than on the toilet seat for me to sit on in the middle of the night lol

i love the apron idea :D also thought of a small wall hanging for behind the toilet with the oops i missed part in the boys bathroom lol...

but i agree i wouldnt use it for an actual quilt