Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Working from a sardine can (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/working-sardine-can-t58564.html)

craftybear 08-09-2010 08:42 AM

thanks for sharing and love your quilt

Mousie 08-09-2010 09:14 AM

you know what? I use to work in a space like that and got a lot done, and now I have an 11 x 13 sewing cave...it's filled to the brim, so I still have a small space to sew in, lol.
It's called a corner of the living room :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess my sew-cave is a huge storage closet :thumbup:
It doesn't matter how big or small our spaces are, or if they stay tidy or in need of a pick up...as long as we keep creating...that's my humble theory! :thumbup:

Bobbinchick 08-09-2010 09:28 AM

Well no I'm not a tiny person at all and you are not rude at all either. I can get int there, but I have to step over the cords and such. The small table the quilt is on, that's under the quilt now is the table my serger goes on. The serger is sitting on the floor in the living. I have the cutting table always where it is now, the one with the green cutting mat on and my iron on. On the thing with the fabric strips are on is my embroidry machine and I have another one sitting under the tv stand. Soo I have a total of 5 machines! That little machine is a brother machine and yes you can do a big quilt on it provided you plan it. I had a dilly of a time with the big star in the middle of the quilt, but I got it done. My Singer is the one I usually do my quilting on, but it too has a small throat so it is hard to get a quilt under the presser foot. So when this quilt is done I will move the mall table and the machine back where they belong and then my sewing space will be larger. The only reason why it is like it is now is because I needed my cutting table and serger table to put the bulk of the quilt on while working on it. I still have a little bit of drag to fight and some times have to stand up and get to the back of the machine to readjust the quilt so it won't drag and pull. Worked all day on it yesterday, but tonight we go to bingo so I'll be working most ofd the day today, Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

I go To The Sea To Breathe 08-09-2010 09:56 AM

5 machines, wow that is awesome. Someday maybe. I am so happy that we got my Janome 7 years ago. I wasn't quilting then but sure appreciate it now. My sewing cave is under my tv on the wall in the living room. There are 6 of us living in our 1800 sq ft home. But I just put my mp3 player in my ear with a downloaded free audio book from the library and sew, sew and sew. The house could fall down around me, let it I am doing what I love. And some days I can't, I have to give in to the laundry and crap all over the kitchen floor, but that is ok. Because I know that "the sewing will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow I will sew. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, the sewings a day away." Couldn't resist that.LOL

oops 08-10-2010 05:25 AM

Where there is a will there is a way.
Not everyone works in a NEAT space.
Sometimes I think every thing that goes into the quilt has to be out in sight until done.

oops 08-10-2010 05:25 AM

Where there is a will there is a way.
Not everyone works in a NEAT space.
Sometimes I think every thing that goes into the quilt has to be out in sight until done.

sandpat 08-10-2010 05:58 AM

Doesn't seem to be bothering you at all! Love your quilt!

littlehud 08-14-2010 12:44 PM

It's a little space but you are using it to the max. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Bobbinchick 08-14-2010 01:19 PM

Well it is back in order now and no more sardine can to work from. It's still a mall sewing area, but that's fine and I can make other thintgs from it too, but I would have to rearrange it agian for a larger quilt. Going to t try a bargello type of quilt next.

Friendly Quilter 08-14-2010 01:20 PM

I can't wait to see the finished quilt.