Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   would you add this border? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/would-you-add-border-t99747.html)

suezquilts 02-14-2011 08:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I'm in a scrappy mood (I hope my DH doesn't think that way, not on Valentine's Day)

I made this out of 3" strips and scraps I recieved from my niece who makes aprons, Not Your Mother's Aprons (her business name is fun)

So it measures around 60 square now, and if I put these two borders on it will be around 80X60, as you can see I haven't ironed anything yet, it is in the directions, you don't have to iron right away. Just sit and sew! Love that.

One border on the top and one on the bottom None on the other sides.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154415[/ATTACH]

I have no extra fabric, just these scraps.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154416[/ATTACH]

Candace 02-14-2011 08:49 AM

I prefer it without the borders. If I were going to add a border , I'd pick out one of the fabrics used instead.

erstan947 02-14-2011 08:52 AM

I like the border. You could also use a solid before the border. Be sure to show us what you decide. Love the colors:)

Midwestmary 02-14-2011 09:00 AM

I like it better without the border - love the fabrics - remind me of spring and warm weather :) :) :)

Laura22 02-14-2011 09:01 AM

I also prefer it without borders.

quilting cat 02-14-2011 09:03 AM

I like the appearance without the borders. If you need the extra size, you could turn the remaining scraps in the same direction as the already pieced section, rather than crosswise.

Cheshire Cat 02-14-2011 09:06 AM

I'd go with a solid border (the green, blue, white or pink tint) and then maybe cut your strip border across to make strips of little squares. A border of the little squares strip at the edge before the binding.

Vanuatu Jill 02-14-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
I'd go with a solid border (the green, blue, white or pink tint) and then maybe cut your strip border across to make strips of little squares. A border of the little squares strip at the edge before the binding.

I like this idea, too. I would pick a solid blue or pink for the next border, then a scrappy border cut from the extra pieces. Bind it in a bolder color-or, simply add a solid border and rip the pieces out of the extra pieces and make a scrappy binding. Actually, I think that is what I would do! Love the pretty summery colors!

lhavelka 02-14-2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by inemmausinn

I like this idea, too. I would pick a solid blue or pink for the next border, then a scrappy border cut from the extra pieces. Bind it in a bolder color-or, simply add a solid border and rip the pieces out of the extra pieces and make a scrappy binding. Actually, I think that is what I would do! Love the pretty summery colors!

I agree

suezquilts 02-14-2011 09:32 AM

Problem solved, instead of trying to look artsy, I will just add more going with the same pattern, it will still be around 60 wide.

I have no extra yardage, my niece cuts aprons out and I just got the scraps, some long some not so long.