Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yall are never going to believe how much i paid! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yall-never-going-believe-how-much-i-paid-t105006.html)

BfloDd 03-05-2011 07:37 PM

I have the portable version of this Singer. It sews the straighted stiches I have ever seen. Enjoy!!

BfloDd 03-05-2011 07:46 PM

I have the portable version of this Singer. It sews the straighted stiches I have ever seen. Enjoy!!

Scakes 03-05-2011 09:35 PM

What a deal! :lol: I don't think I've ever seen a Westinghouse machine.

Dottie Bug 03-05-2011 10:03 PM

I have one of these old singers 1947 or 48 in cabnit will have to look it up. i paid $35.00 for it some years back, nothing came with it but repair man said that singer feet will fit.I have used it several times,it does have very straight stitches.

grammysews4u 03-05-2011 10:09 PM

Nice find and great husband!

countrycottage 03-05-2011 10:17 PM

Lucky you! I love the Singer.

sewbizgirl 03-05-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by wytetygeress
So my DH and i have been looking at "vintage" sewing machines for a little while. Mostly looking for a machine that has a simple straight stitch for the quilt frame that my DH is going to build me...well we came across these at a road side yard sale. When i asked the man how much they where i did a double take, and asked again.... My DH picked both of them up, they both work..only minor things need to be replaced, both came with the feet and the Free Westinghouse also came with the instruction book. My mother in law is getting the Singer ( i haven't seen her this happy in a long time) and i am keeping the Free Westinghouse. We are both in shock that we only paid $20 bucks for BOTH of them.
My DH then proceed to go to a sewing machine repair guy and is getting a Singer commercial machine with an 11 inch throat space completely retrofitting it to be used as my quilting machine on the frame. I swear that my DH surprised the heck out of me. I am so very lucky to have him :D

What a STEAL! I wish I could find a nice 15-91 for cheap...

audsgirl 03-05-2011 11:43 PM

The Free Westinghouse looks so similar to the one my mother had that I learned to sew on, except hers was black. Even the cabinet looks familiar. I remember coming home from school and her door would be closed with the machine running and she would say, "Don't come in here." We knew she was making something for us for Christmas. Enjoy!

Tweety2911 03-06-2011 07:10 AM

Great find, wonderful DH. Congratulations :-)

Dottie Bug 03-06-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dottie Bug
I have one of these old singers 1947 or 48 in cabnit will have to look it up. i paid $35.00 for it some years back, nothing came with it but repair man said that singer feet will fit.I have used it several times,it does have very straight stitches.

Mine is a model 15-90 aloted date is Sept 30th 1947 . I'am wondering how do you drop the feed dogs . i have found nothing , nobs or leavers to move , if you don't get the needle in correct it will not pick up the bobben thread .

:lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: