Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yesterday-t84704.html)

SandyinZ4 12-24-2010 08:02 AM

Golly! I have to echo everyone else and say those are wonderful. Your stash must be awesome but your sense of color coordination is wonderful, too. Inspires me to make some for grandkids next year. Please share more pics if you do more.

Chigger Holler Quilter 12-24-2010 08:32 AM

I love your color combination s. Those are great. Merry Christmas

kathome 12-24-2010 09:23 AM

I make them for my granddaughter using the cartoon characters that she loves so much.

When she moved to her "big girl bed" she only wanted to lay down in it for the first time because she had her "Tinkerbell pee-wo". My son said that it was "genius" of me to make it! Ha ha ha ha ha.

Now she has Dora, Cinderella, Buzz Lightyear, Woody & Jesse, and an extra Tinkerbell (so my DIL doesn't have to do an extra wash everytime my DGD wants it.)

Fun to make too!

KLO 12-24-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug

Originally Posted by Maia B
Great job. I love pillowcases. So personal, comforting, and great way to use both deco stitches and stash fabrics. Great to make coordinating kids' pjs and pillowcases. Only prob is quilting cottons can be so wrinkley. Hate to give a gift that requires ironing. Any solution for that except chemicals?

Recent purchases of pillowcases has resulted in a lot of wrinkles after washing. I just smooth them out, fold and put on the shelf. By the time I put them on the bed, they are presentable enough. Might as well be coordinated rather than plain colors or white!

I am making these throughout the year for my grandsons in FL. Someone mentioned to me about the wrinkling of the cotton and I wondered if a poly/cotton mix would be better. Of course, like you, I am trying to use fabric from my stash so that I can use up a lot of holiday type fabrics (Christmas, Halloween, Fall, Valentines Day, etc.) and really the kids don't care or notice! Maybe for adults I would go for the mixed fabric. The cases are almost instant gratification!

Leann 12-24-2010 12:06 PM

Wow, these are knockouts! I have that penguin fabric for a quilt for my sons friendgirl who loves penguins, yet is terrified of birds.

I think I'll see if I can get more to guarantee that she also has a pillowcase.

Beautiful fabrics and matching!

omak 12-24-2010 12:43 PM

okay ... I have to ask.
What is the big deal about pillowcases wrinkling?
Take it from a child who could never figure out why I had to iron the silly things anyway! I mean - - one night's tossing and turning, punching and snuggling and the ironing is all gone, anyway.
Are y'all really worried that much about wrinkling? <wave>

NUTMEG10 12-24-2010 03:44 PM

They are beautiful. We should work with our stash more often. What a great selection.

crankygran 12-24-2010 04:15 PM

Good for you! A treat is in store, and why can't that store be your LQS?

grannypat7925 12-24-2010 04:40 PM

I did pillowcases for all the gr-grandkids this year. Some of them got theirs today and were really pleased with them! Great idea and quick to work up. I also used stash on hand and they turned out great!

kwiltkrazy 12-24-2010 06:45 PM

I just did the very thing for my neices and nephews, I made 7 sets in one afternoon. Got the idea after making my two sisters a set of pillow cases, and the girls almost mugged them. Find out tomorrow how they like them. I used stash only, also. It's nice to be able to pick out material you know they will like. Made fishing for one nephew, Seattle seahawks for another, paisley blue snowflakes for another, on niece was large pastel butterflies with pink border, flowers, and horses for the other niece, can't remember the other one(nephew) oh yeah, large fish on blue background, really colorful. I use the sausage roll method, with french seams.