Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yesterday's Sewing Saturday project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yesterdays-sewing-saturday-project-t190676.html)

Yarn or Fabric 06-03-2012 03:06 AM

Yesterday's Sewing Saturday project

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was my quilt guild's Sewing Saturday. We do it third 3 Saturday... but anyhooo... I started the day off cutting and piecing the center to this wall hanging. The pattern is from Big Block Quilts by Magic.

I am making this for my niece who graduated college last year. I emailed her a picture of it. I think it might be a bit too girlie for her so I might be making a different one for her. We'll see what she says after I hear back from her....

But I thought I'd share the beginning of this project. I need to resew the top half to the bottom half. It is about 1/8" off in a few places and it irritates me so I have to fix it. To me, it sticks out and yells at me. I'll work on ripping it out maybe this afternoon.

Blinkokr 06-03-2012 03:36 AM

Great job and thank you for sharing Have a blessed day Ellen

JuneD 06-03-2012 05:04 AM

That is so pretty!!!!!! Did you follow a pattern???? Diamonds scare me but I think I'd try them in this pattern!!!

Yarn or Fabric 06-03-2012 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by JuneD (Post 5262132)
That is so pretty!!!!!! Did you follow a pattern???? Diamonds scare me but I think I'd try them in this pattern!!!

It is from the Big Block Quilts by Magic book. The diamonds are not that easy and the way that this book does it makes it even easier - although there is quite a bit of waste - which I will use sometime I'm sure. I have another one author's other book as well Stars by Magic and that one I like a lot.
I got the book that this pattern was out of just for this pattern. The rest of the book has nothing of interest to me at all. I was happy when I saw this book in C&T's spring sale so it cost me very little to get the pattern.

I am hoping to make one in colors for me soon. I just need to get background colors and then I'll be good to start on mine :)

ArtsyOne 06-03-2012 05:13 AM

Your color choices are lovely! I can relate to your frustration about being 1/8" off - how does that happen when we're so careful??? I can't see it on yours and she'll love it.

mighty 06-03-2012 05:26 AM

Wonderful job!!!!

liking quilting 06-03-2012 05:29 AM

Wonderful fabrics and wonderful block; if she doesn't like it, I'll take it!

Sandy64 06-03-2012 10:20 AM

Very pretty! Sandy 64

Yarn or Fabric 06-03-2012 05:44 PM

Sadly my niece did not like it :'( however I think her sister will love it - and she's graduating college this winter so it might come in handy yet.
I ran in to town today to get some mid range colors. I'll be washing and cutting fabric tomorrow...

Tweety2911 06-03-2012 06:52 PM

Sorry your niece didn't like it. I think it is very pretty and nice choice of fabrics. The next one you make won't have the 1/8" off and should go so much smoother!