Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yosemite wall hanging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yosemite-wall-hanging-t56475.html)

janice4 07-27-2010 07:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I decided to do a yosemite wall hanging after visiting there last year.. finally got started on it. The pattern is so confusing. so scrapped that a while ago... and just using the general outline of things.. have not figured out the easy way to transfer the pattern shape to my fabric.. so just cut as i go ..The water fall is too white here.. and looking for some suggestions... maybe painting ? There is much more to go on this it is a work in progress. I don't look forward to sewing around this tree either !!

LovingIzabella 07-27-2010 07:09 AM

Beautiful-I love it. I think you are on the right track. Perhaps find some waterfall material and use it instead of the white?
There is a great surf type fabric at Favorite Fabrics.
I love it though-beautiful work!!
Hugs
April

rwquilts 07-27-2010 07:11 AM

The white on the waterfall makes it look like snow...I'd go with some blues or something looking like water...you're doing a nice job!

janice4 07-27-2010 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rwquilts
The white on the waterfall makes it look like snow...I'd go with some blues or something looking like water...you're doing a nice job!

Yeah I originally had a blue/ white combo and the pattern said white.. so I listened ;*(>> I am wondering if I can paint wash it now? can't remove it at this point but I also have some fabric that is white with a little blue.. and maybe add some metallic stitching? Waterfall fabric that sounds interesting must go check..

b.zang 07-27-2010 07:18 AM

The waterfall is in two pieces on the pattern. I would use two different fabrics, since waterfalls look differently whether seen up close or farther distant. You could use the white for the closer, where the water would be frothier and look for something hazier for the upper part.

janice4 07-27-2010 07:19 AM

OH my that favorite fabrics website will keep me shopping for hours !! NICE

janice4 07-27-2010 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang
The waterfall is in two pieces on the pattern. I would use two different fabrics, since waterfalls look differently whether seen up close or farther distant. You could use the white for the closer, where the water would be frothier and look for something hazier for the upper part.

Great idea !!

janice4 07-27-2010 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by janice4

Originally Posted by b.zang

Great idea !!

do you think this one I posted is hazy enough?

littlehud 07-27-2010 07:21 AM

What you have done so far is awesome. I think you could paint some blue into the waterfall so it's not so white.

janice4 07-27-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
What you have done so far is awesome. I think you could paint some blue into the waterfall so it's not so white.

Yeah watered down acrylic do you think? that sounds like a cool idea and adds another dimension to the project.