Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   You won't believe what my sister did (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/you-wont-believe-what-my-sister-did-t225115.html)

CharlotteO 07-04-2013 08:05 AM

You won't believe what my sister did

9 Attachment(s)
My three sisters and Mom came to visit on June 23, and we sewed all week, as well as took in the AQS quilt show. Had a wonderful time.We have challenges each year, and we try to provide a project from each of us that is new to the other sisters. Whether is is paper crafting, knitting, or a project in advanced sewing/quilting, it is always fun. Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the technique that one sister provided. Not officially thread sketching, she drew part of the picture, then took off designing as she went. Isn't this amazing thread sketching. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422443[/ATTACH]One of my sisters mastered it faster then the other two. Another great job
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422445[/ATTACH]

Mom, even with her extremely limited vision was always helping with some project or another. My daughter in law had done a king size paper pieced quilt top, but hadn't removed the paper. Mom took on that job. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422447[/ATTACH]She also tied this quilt for me, a charity quilt designed by my ten year old grand daughter. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422451[/ATTACH]

Here is a shot of all of us hard at work. And Yes, I know it is a dreadful picture, but it does show us all hard at work. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422452[/ATTACH]

Here are the quilts we worked on for relatives. Two of us pieced each one, then switched quilts, and the other two quilted and did the binding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422453[/ATTACH]This one is snowball,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422454[/ATTACH]This is falling charms.

If you have family and/or friends to form a group like this, consider these get together's. We had an absolute blast. This spring it was at my home here in Ohio because we wanted to attend the quilt show. This fall it will be in North Carolina. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422455[/ATTACH]My older grand daughter also created a charity quilt, so once the other two quilts were done, one of my sisters needed something else to do. My granddaughter did the basic design, sis added the bunny.

Chasing Hawk 07-04-2013 08:07 AM

Beautiful work! Y'all look like you had a blast. Your Mom is simply beautiful, give her a hug for me. :)

DebbE 07-04-2013 08:15 AM

How wonderful that you're all able to get together regularly like this, including grandkids and your mom. These are memories that will be treasures forever...

feline fanatic 07-04-2013 08:16 AM

What fun you all must have had. I love the thread painting. Both pieces are fabulous.

dcquilter 07-04-2013 08:20 AM

All beautiful!

Susanna10 07-04-2013 08:24 AM

lucky you. No one else is interested in quilting or sewing in my family, but they always are ordering something from me. Makes me feel good. I make rugs and quilts.

barri1 07-04-2013 08:25 AM

wish my sister, or sister inlaws quilted.. Can't find anyone I know that is interested in quilting.. You guys had a blast. I can tell.. I get together once in awhile with a friend in MO who quits, but we work parallel online..

nanacc 07-04-2013 08:29 AM

Beautiful work by all!!! You are all so lucky to have the opportunity and pleasure of such a great and productive get together!! I miss the sewing that DM and I did together.

Tartan 07-04-2013 09:44 AM

​The projects are great but the time spent together creating....priceless!

woodyandjake 07-04-2013 09:51 AM

You all look like a quilt retreat doing hard work. Nice work wish I could have joined you.