Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Your opinion...Done or does it need more quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/your-opinion-done-does-need-more-quilting-t37751.html)

Rachel 02-24-2010 01:25 PM

I think its beautiful. DISHES ARE DONE!!! Time to move on to the next project. tee hee

Candace 02-24-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
IF you think it is fine, then I would put a check in the "finished" column! I like the colors too! I think you did a great job of putting the finishing touches on someone elses work.

It really is a great looking wall hanging! Kudos!

Thanks much. It was probably about 5% her work and 95% mine. But, I can't stand letting cut triangles go to waste:>

skavanau 02-25-2010 08:38 AM

I think this is beatiful. I like it just the way it is. I love the colors.

Lois-nounoe 02-25-2010 05:36 PM

I love the quilt and think the quilting is great. I have seen some of the charity quilts at affairs that have so much quilting in them that they actually look very stiff instead of soft like a quilt should be. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful quilts! They just don't look like the kind you would feel warm and fuzzy under.

bjr 02-25-2010 06:59 PM

Love the colors - it's beautiful, and looks done to me.

dkabasketlady 02-25-2010 08:46 PM

I love the colors, the quilting is done, IMOH!!

zz-pd 02-25-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K. here's the story on this one. I bought a lot of fabric from the niece of a quilter. She died and the niece was selling her things. In the lot were several partially done blocks and block sets. There were a bunch of unpieced half triangles. So, I sewed them up into blocks. I added my own sashing and backing fabric. I quilted in the ditch and then did a flower on each block in a light blue thread. So, stability isn't a factor, it's sewn enough to be a wallhanging. I'm close to out of the cornflower blue thread, so I'd have to make a special trip to the LQS for more. Do you think I need more quilting or is it done?

I could always add more quilting of course, but I think it's fine as is? I don't want to detract from the flowers. I'm itching to bind it and call it a day..especially since it someone elses colors, fabric pick etc. I'm going to use some of this quilters fabric for the binding. I plan on sending a photo to the niece. I hope she likes it. I've got another quilt from this woman at the sandwiching stage.

wonderful work, and absolutely love the colors. Thank you for sharing. Penny

dsj 02-25-2010 08:58 PM

Candace, sometimes less is more, it looks nice just like that and your sashing and borders are a great compliment to the blocks. Enjoy your creation. It's lovely just like it is.

Candace 02-25-2010 09:38 PM

Thanks all. I washed it today and I like how it shrunk up a bit. It adds more personality.

Quilter7x 02-27-2010 06:42 AM

I love the flower quilting and think that and SITD is plenty. Nice quilt! :)