Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   YoYo Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yoyo-quilt-t9882.html)

Riley 08-05-2008 12:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies!
First off, I did NOT make this quilt! I do have permission to show you the quilt, however. (I ask & received a positive)

This is being made by an 80 year old lady for her daughter. It is almost done, likes a little on the edging, etc.

I have never been fond of Yo Yo quilts, but I have never had the pleasure of seeing one like this before either.

This is amazing!
Riley

Edited: There will be abt 6500 YoYo's in this when done, abt a 2 year effort, I am told in response to my questions. It will be a Queen size.

Close up of center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14601[/ATTACH]

View from end of bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14988[/ATTACH]

Side view--note edging!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53808[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 08-05-2008 12:40 PM

My oh my, what a beautiful quilt, I have never seen a yo yo quilt as big as that before. Only baby versions. Lots of love and affection in that one isnīt there.

Elle

KellyPA 08-05-2008 12:46 PM

How cool is that!!!! Great job to the woman who made it!

mgshaw 08-05-2008 01:04 PM

Wow that is gorgeous!! I dont think I have ever seen one like that either. So Riley, when are you starting yours? :wink:

sewnsewer2 08-05-2008 01:14 PM

How pretty! She is doing a wonderful job.

Harmony 08-05-2008 01:34 PM

That's a LOT of yo-yo's! How long has it taken her to do this?

Riley 08-05-2008 01:55 PM

Melissa, you know I am not old enough to do this quilt!
She was 78 when she started this (abt) & I am still another year away from that!!!! :mrgreen: ha ha

Harmony, abt 2 years is what it has taken her.

Surely is tempting!!! (And I am not overly fond of Yo Yo Quilts but I DO love this one!)

Riley

zyxquilts 08-05-2008 02:02 PM

I've never seen a yo-yo quilt as pretty as this one either! My guild's first opportunity quilt was a yo-yo quilt, and I helped with making some of the yo-yos. It was nice, but this one is outstanding! Tell her we think it's awesome!! :D

mgshaw 08-05-2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Melissa, you know I am not old enough to do this quilt!
She was 78 when she started this (abt) & I am still another year away from that!!!! :mrgreen: ha ha

Harmony, abt 2 years is what it has taken her.

Surely is tempting!!! (And I am not overly fond of Yo Yo Quilts but I DO love this one!)

Riley

If I had to make 6500 yoyo's, I would be 78 before I ever got done!!! My ex SIL was going to make one and she had thousands of yoyo's and when they were moving, she put them in 2 garbage sacks and they must have gotten thrown away cause she never saw them again. She was SICK. Never even started another after that.

beachlady 08-05-2008 02:25 PM

WOW! That is great and makes me feel good to know I can still quilt at 80. She must be patient.