Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Projects I've completed this summer

Hi sewmom, I just love your x's and o's owl quilt. Would love to make one for my niece who is expecting but am not having much luck in finding the size of these blocks. Your post also said the owl applique was found on the internet..... Can you help me and tell where you found the pattern for blocks and the owl? This is my first time posting on the QB and I just love it.

All of your quilts are beautiful!!!! i especially like the owl one and would love to know also where on line you found the pattern for the owl. Would love to have the pattern of the baby quilt. Great job!

Welcome Ruthie to the QB you will love it and find you can spend hours on here.

Power Poster
    Great work and yes you were busy
    "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late".

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie O' Caisse View Post
    Hi sewmom, I just love your x's and o's owl quilt. Would love to make one for my niece who is expecting but am not having much luck in finding the size of these blocks. Your post also said the owl applique was found on the internet..... Can you help me and tell where you found the pattern for blocks and the owl? This is my first time posting on the QB and I just love it.
    Ruthie, first of all let me welcome you to the quilting board. It's one of the best places to meet new friends and learn more about quilting. You will find the link to the owl applique pattern on page 7 of this thread. It is for wool applique, but mine was fused and then I used an applique stitch around the edges. If you aren't using this method you would need to add seamallowances to turn under. The block is the X and O block from Missouri Star Quilt Company. If you type in x and o block quilt tutorial you will get many links. Make sure that you choose Missouri Star's video. You use 5" squares and 2 1/2" squares to make the blocks. Good luck with your quilt!
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Quote Originally Posted by kay45 View Post
    All of your quilts are beautiful!!!! i especially like the owl one and would love to know also where on line you found the pattern for the owl. Would love to have the pattern of the baby quilt. Great job!
    The owl applique link can be found on page 7 of this thread. I just used the X and O block from MSQC and designed it from there. Good luck on your quilt!

Well, you sure haven't had time to get into much trouble this summer! These are all fantastic!
    "It is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    You've been busy. Love them all, especially the owl.
    I agree--all are great but the owl is wonderful.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Lots of nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

You have been busy!! Great job! I love the owl quilt.

Wow you have really been busy and the projects are great! The owl is my favorite!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    All are super. I have been looking for the fabric that you used in the cassrole carrier. Can you tell me the name of the fabric please ? I want to use this fabric for a picnic quilt for my son. Thanks for any help. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
    All are super. I have been looking for the fabric that you used in the cassrole carrier. Can you tell me the name of the fabric please ? I want to use this fabric for a picnic quilt for my son. Thanks for any help. BrendaK
    I don't know the name of it or the manufacterer, but I got it at Joanns. I saw some similar in a LQS but it was more pink than red. Check out the novelty fabric places like bugfabric.com or hobby lobby. I got this a couple of years ago.

Beautiful, just beautiful! All of them. I wish I was that productive.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
    I just did a quick search online. Bugfabric.com and fabric.com has some . Also there is one made by Timeless Treasures.

WOW - that is great - you are making me feel like I need to get going on my UFO's. My daughter makes fun of me b/c the pile is getting higher and higher!
    Happy Sewing & Best Stitches,
    Judi
    http://www.lovetosew.com

You sure were busy this summer. I love them all. I've started a Tomas the Train Quilt and a Halloween Quilt for my grandson's but waiting for more black fabric to come in.
    Quilting is a way to wind down and to meet new and dear friends.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4