Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Quilted water bottle carrier designed by Kathy Mack

  1. #1
    Super Member Homemother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,048
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have to carry a water bottle EVERYWHERE I go and this was the solution for me to go hands free. I had cases for larger bottles, but not for the slimmer metal ones.

    Someone here posted the link for this tute - was it you Crafty Bear? Back in 2006, Kathy Mack posted this tute and I made two bottles, one for me and one for my daughter.

    http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2006...ottle-carrier/

    Hope you like them! If anyone has any other tutes they want to share, please do!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Member owlvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,448
    Blog Entries
    2
    I think there are really cool. Very pretty colors too! Great job and thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,899
    Blog Entries
    1
    These are wonderful. You did a great job. Anyone would be pleased to carry one of these. Thank you for sharing.

  4. #4
    Super Member ontheriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    3,670
    Great idea, will have to try one.

  5. #5
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Great idea!!!!

  6. #6
    Power Poster PaperPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,492
    Blog Entries
    2
    They look wonderful! I saw that the pattern calls for insulbrite. I know that this will keep the water cooler longer, but will condensation leak thru? I've never purchased it so I don't know if it's water proof.

  7. #7
    Super Member Homemother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,048
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    They look wonderful! I saw that the pattern calls for insulbrite. I know that this will keep the water cooler longer, but will condensation leak thru? I've never purchased it so I don't know if it's water proof.
    I'll put some ice in the bottle and let you know what happens. I'll let you know late tonight or tomorrow!

  8. #8
    Junior Member QuiltingWithMissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lynchburg, Va.
    Posts
    105
    I like yours too. I have mead these for years. When friends see mine they have to have one also.

  9. #9
    Super Member karenm36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gonzales, Tx
    Posts
    1,751
    I'll be bookmarking this for sure...these are wonderful!

  10. #10
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,478
    Nice

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    524
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like those! Thanks for the link.

  12. #12
    Super Member cuppi duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    payette, idaho
    Posts
    2,248
    That's a great idea. You did a great job on them.

  13. #13
    Super Member Grammy o'5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,325
    Those are cool! :thumbup: I've bookmarked the tutorial so I can use it later.
    Thank you so much!

  14. #14
    Super Member Homemother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,048
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Homemother
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    They look wonderful! I saw that the pattern calls for insulbrite. I know that this will keep the water cooler longer, but will condensation leak thru? I've never purchased it so I don't know if it's water proof.
    I'll put some ice in the bottle and let you know what happens. I'll let you know late tonight or tomorrow!
    Where there is no insul-bright, the condensation comes through. The pattern calls for the insul-bright to be cut smaller than the fabric so it is not in the seams. Therefore, the bottom edges were wet fairly quickly. Does this feel like it is a waste of the insul-bright?

  15. #15
    Super Member skydiver70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,474
    What a great job. I love the fabrics you chose, too.

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fultondale, Al.
    Posts
    5,368
    Real cute.

  17. #17
    Power Poster debcavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spring Green,WI
    Posts
    14,630
    That is so cool. Wonderful idea

  18. #18
    Power Poster PaperPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,492
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Homemother
    Quote Originally Posted by Homemother
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    They look wonderful! I saw that the pattern calls for insulbrite. I know that this will keep the water cooler longer, but will condensation leak thru? I've never purchased it so I don't know if it's water proof.
    I'll put some ice in the bottle and let you know what happens. I'll let you know late tonight or tomorrow!
    Where there is no insul-bright, the condensation comes through. The pattern calls for the insul-bright to be cut smaller than the fabric so it is not in the seams. Therefore, the bottom edges were wet fairly quickly. Does this feel like it is a waste of the insul-bright?
    Here in MI it's humid in the summer and if you carry cold water, there's a lot of condensation. I've thought about making one of these for a while, but carrying around a wet fabric carrier didn't sound appealing. Other than starting with room temp water, I don't know if there's a good solution. I've seen patterns where the carrier is lined with plastic, but not sure what happens where the plastic is pierced by the seam.
    I guess look for a nice size double wall insulated aluminum bottle then make the fabric carrier to fit.
    They sure are cute!!!!!

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Very, very nice job.

  20. #20
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,993
    those are great

  21. #21
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,393
    Fabulous water bottle holders! Awesome job on them. :)

  22. #22
    Super Member Connie in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canon City, Colorado
    Posts
    2,438
    Blog Entries
    2
    I think i would make a plastic liner or maybe a small plastic bag like from the grocery store.Just put the bag inside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.