Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow of Stars back from the Quilters pic update

The color combinations give it a lot of movement. Good job!

Just beautiful! I just can't get over how great your points and precision are!! You ROCK kiddo!! AWESOME job!!!

I love the contrast in your stars. It is absolutely the bomb. I hope my stars will turn out as well as yours. May take me two years to finish it. LOL
    ps- are you going to machine or hand quilt it?

Oh, MAN! I'm so jealous of your PERFECT beautiful quilts! You just crank them out! I wish I lived near you. I'd be hanging around just watching all the time.

I love this one. I hope you give it to some lucky family member who appreciates it.

You never know if people really appreciate things. My mom quilted my cousin a gorgeous blue and white quilt as a house warming gift. She quilted it herself.

And I made a pair of pillow cases with the scraps to go with it for my contribution to the house warming.

It's been a few years now and the items have never left the closet. They weren't her colors.

Lovely work...we will be waiting to see it finished after after your day does the quilting.

Cordelia... you can rest these aren't perfect...just that quick flash makes them look so good :D sorry about the work you spend into a quilt and it just sits there or used for a dog blanket....I don't give them to anyone..if they want them they have to at least give me what I have in it...then they will take care of it....seems like they don't understand it's not just the time but the love too...these are like kids to me...if nothing else We have one son and he will get them all when I'm gone..... Where have you been? Haven't noticed your two cents worth for days...is all okay??????

SewSew2...okay dokey....Thanks

johnette...Thank you so much for the compliment.. :D My Dad longarm quilts and he will be doing it...I know your stars will trun out great I've seen your work and it is wonderful!!

jbsstrawberry...Ahh sucks you make a girl blush :oops: :oops:

Moonpi...Thank you....wipeing tear from eye :wink:

Kyiav10...Thank you ....ahhhh Thank you very much.

I am swamped in work. No quilting for me this weekend. Drats. Keep posting your lovely pictures. I save them so I can look at them later. I save pictures of everybody's work and keep a sort of "computer scrap book."

Also, do you blog?

I notice a lot of quilters blog and display their work and it's fun to visit their sites and get links and ideas.

I have a blog, but not for quilts yet. But, I woefully neglect it.

Oh Cathie,
    It's absolutely beautiful, I love everything about it, the color, the stars, the sashings. Great job! :mrgreen: I'm green with envy!

All I can say is "WOW" That is really gorgeous!!!!!

Cordelia...not sure what blog is?????some people consider me a blog....but don't think that's what you mean....I have facebook still not sure how to use that but working on it...can you pm me and kinda fill me in about such a thing...whenever you have time....

sewhappy....Gee stop it :oops: .....okay I can take more...really I can take more..... :lol: 8)... Thank you kindly

Marcia...Thank you

Okay here is last of the Stars...all quilted...this has 4 pillows to match the Quilt in different colors

Dad cleaning his machine getting ready to load another quilt in
    Name:  Attachment-18893.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  66.0 KB

up close
    Name:  Attachment-18902.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  84.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Izy
    Wow great work, what a team you have there!!

Great to see pictures of your Dad at work too!! :D

Fantastic job!
    Can your dad adopt me????

Thanks Izy and tlrnhi....Dad might adopt...he did me....Mom works hard too...the do make a great team....

Quote Originally Posted by gcathie
    Thanks Izy and tlrnhi....Dad might adopt...he did me....Mom works hard too...the do make a great team....
    Ok, I'm packing my bags and moving in with mom and dad. Can't let them work hard on those quilts. They'll need to take a break and I can fill in the gaps while they "vacation". :)

That looks like a LeMoyne Star

pattern

www.ideas-for-quilting.com/lemoynestarquiltblock.html

A WORK OF ART !! That sashing is so creative ! And the combinations of stars is great. You are a genius !

Remember I'm computer illiterate so please forgive. I don't know how to post a private message so I'll have to do it "publicly." How DO you save the pictures? (I am so embarrassed.)

tlrnhi.... I'll tell them to get the bed ready there getting another daughter.....they would love that...

JANW.....Ahhh but this is actually all half blocks except the white corners....was easier for me than the LeMone Block

GailG.....Thank you for your kind words and That's okay....to pm me you just go to the left and click on the pm at the bottom of my Avitar ....(photo) and to save the picture click on the download where the picture is at the right hand of the photo....I think that is how it works....you'll have to give it a try....just keep working at it you'll get it...good luck

Blog Entries
    I love it!! Sure wish my Dad had that talent. Its fabulous and I loved your pic of him at work. The quilt turned out beautiful...such a lot a work!

[quote=gcathie]tlrnhi.... I'll tell them to get the bed ready there getting another daughter.....they would love that...

JANW.....Ahhh but this is actually all half blocks except the white corners....was easier for me than the LeMone Block

Yours is beautiful and I love the bright colors
    I know, because I did that on the green/blue one I did for my grandson. The website I gave has the pattern for the HST version

It is absolutely beautiful. Love the stars and your choice of colors. The quilting looks great too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast