Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: reversible 9 patch quilt Donna Rae

Banned
    Donna Rae here you go . I've been pretty sick the past 3 weeks or I would have already posted this . One side is blues and the other multi colors . Actually I did a boo to start with . I had planned to not put a plain block betwween them , but the booger fairy struck ! He likes me a lot at times :shock: I mistakenly put the fabric I was going to use as the seam covering strips on the back of my blocks ! What a dummy ! Ok , I bought a medium plain beige { it looks ok on multi colored side } I liked black on the blue side . Or would you say black on both sides ? I need some help from my quilting buddies :D Take a look at my pics and see what you think . Annie

blue side
    Name:  Attachment-21762.jpe
Views: 60
Size:  17.4 KB

print is on back of all 9 patches . Dark beige ?
    Name:  Attachment-21763.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  17.2 KB

multi colored side
    Name:  Attachment-21764.jpe
Views: 70
Size:  18.6 KB

Banned
    more pics Annie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good Donna but I'm no help sorry.

Blog Entries
    IMHO...I would use the dark beige on the multi colored side. I would like the black if you didn't have the beige plain squares mixed in, but with those in there...I think I like the beige better.

Banned
    I love it.... :D

I like a lighter color for the strips too. The black just looks too stark in contrast to the rest of the colors. If you like a darker color, do you have something in a blue tone? IMHO

I also like the lighter color for the multi side. It is going to be really pretty. I like all the diffrent colors.

Banned
    Thanks for all your input . I thought black would make the colors pop , didn't think about it being stark looking . I will try the beige a try on a couple of sample blocks . Let you know how it looks . Annie

Blog Entries
    Looking Good.

That is a neat idea Reversible 9 patch. I too think the beige for the stripping. Very pretty quilt.

I like the beige also.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    IMHO...I would use the dark beige on the multi colored side. I would like the black if you didn't have the beige plain squares mixed in, but with those in there...I think I like the beige better.
    I agree. I like the beige on both sides. If those beige blocks (which are beautiful) were solid black squares, the black sashing would make the colored blocks float -- another option.

I have been very successful using a khaki -colored solid to tie in unlike blocks. AND I'VE RUN OUT. Time to go shopping.

I love the idea of a reversible 9-patch. How will you quilt it?

Like the dark beige......I lean towards the brown family with these colors instead of the black. Looking forward to more pics.

I like the checkerboard look it's nice. Do you have a thread where you were talking about making these? They already look like little hot pads (you know like for the kitchen... pot mits) It's interesting how you're doing it I'd like to know more! :)