Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
round robin 2010 >

round robin 2010

round robin 2010

Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

I participated in an international round robin last year with a group of friends- last october my quilt and two others were sent out from the United Kingdom- back to the states- and for what ever reason were held in customs for months. we had just about given up on them- and were quite sad- (after all, our quilts are such national security risks)
anyway...YEA! they were finally released and sent on to us to be able to finish these up. I was so excited to receive mine- I had learned to do "Hawaiian applique and made a couple blocks - then did not know what to do with the blocks- i used one for my rr. (i thought i would really challenge my friends) they are so talented! not one of them shared my (i just don't know what to do) problem- they all knew just what to do to make me a WONDERFUL quilt!
i do need to add one final border (i love the last border on it! - seems a hard act to follow) i want to add another 8" all around just to make it fit the bed with more overhang---any ideas?
i was thinking about making another border like the one that has the (2) green strips with a brown in the middle- but reversing that--using 2 brown strips with a green one inbetween...what do you think? or other ideas that would be better?

round robin 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187141.jpe  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 AM

I am a real newbie, but I agree with the two brown strips with green in between. You definitely need a solid strip to 'finish' the large triangles.

Looks beautiful! What an adventure to do an international round robin!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 AM

The two brown strips sound great to me too. You may want to think about something to put in each corner to help accent the last triangular border.

This baby is beautiful!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad
The two brown strips sound great to me too. You may want to think about something to put in each corner to help accent the last triangular border.

This baby is beautiful!
I agree with putting something else in the corner to balance the triangles. The brown/green border sounds great also.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM

WOW!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM

I agree as well with maybe a little applique in the corner to accent the center of the quilt.
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad

This baby is beautiful!
I agree with putting something else in the corner to balance the triangles. The brown/green border sounds great also.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

thanks everyone for your suggestions- i am thinking i will go ahead with the strip border- and my thought is to kind of (mimic) the center maple leaf pattern on a smaller scale- or maybe just one leaf instead of 4---
i shall show new pics when i get it done
:)