Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scrappy Charity Quilts for NJ and mini tut

Blog Entries
    Absolutely beautiful! Our little group in Long Beach received one of your scrappy quilts and I will tell you that the recipient was thrilled. Thank you for being so kind and generous.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I really like the scrappy look with all the colours I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Nice quilts. Thanks for sharing the tutorial instructions.
    Carol

Great looking quilts for a great cause. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat

These look wonderful! I've made a few D4P blocks just to try out the pattern. A whole quilt of them looks awesome. Another one to add to my "to do" list! Thanks for the inspiration.

Question on one of the blocks---second row from bottom third one from right...kind of goldy/orangy.......the center fourpatch does not look the same as the others.....colors are not opposite, or am I really going bonkers!!!!!!! Like the look of the scrappy.....and the two color is cool too......love how color makes the

Thanks for donating to victims of Sandy. I was in the eye of the storm (best place to be) and suffered no damage. Less than 5 miles away people were totally wiped out. It's hard to imagine losing everyting - a hand made quilt is something to treasure.

These are terrific - and that's wonderful that you put them together for Sandy victims!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nannyrick.com View Post
    These are awsome quilts.Very pretty. Thanks so much for the tute. Can't wait to try it.
    Ditto. BrendaK
    Last edited by BrendaK; 01-27-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Question on one of the blocks---second row from bottom third one from right...kind of goldy/orangy.......the center fourpatch does not look the same as the others.....colors are not opposite, or am I really going bonkers!!!!!!! Like the look of the scrappy.....and the two color is cool too......love how color makes the
    I really like that block. Thanks for another idea. Thank you for your good deeds. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Love the quilts and you did a great job on them.
    You have GREEN grass outside to put your quilts on--I remember green grass--not right now in the Thumb of Michigan.

Very nice job and sentiment. Thanks for the tutorial, looks very manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
    Love the quilts and you did a great job on them.
    You have GREEN grass outside to put your quilts on--I remember green grass--not right now in the Thumb of Michigan.
    Thank you farmquilter! I just have to show you this one pic taken earlier where there's green grass, fall leaves and snow I had to work around! It was just enough space to lay an old quilt down with the top over it! lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images

great quilts.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

very beautiful quilts.

that looks awesome,thanks for the description on how to do it
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Wonderful quilts! That is a super pattern for scrappy! Thanks for the tut!
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    You are so right! Sometimes we don't see our errors until pic time! Not only is that block not right but the dark green one in the far left-hand corner did the very same thing! And the 3rd block done that way is exactly 4 rows up! lol. The quilters rotated their skinny strips correctly but inadvertantly moved their 4P in the center! That 4P should always be in opposite position of the strips! Most of us missed those mistakes!! Thanks for pointing them out!!

BrendaK, that block was a beautiful red/yellow sunflower fabric that you like!

If you notice in that same quilt the darkest block there is a purple with purple and there was NO contrast in that block so I sent her duplicate block back (since one of those was all you needed) as well as some other blocks I didn't use. You absolutely need 'contrasting' fabrics in this quilt.

Here's a tip: When trimming your blocks for this quilt, lay them in one of three piles of dark, med. or light. That way you don't have to sort them after trimming; they'll be already done! Then when you go to lay them out, start by picking up the dark pile first and lay them in an alternating fashion. Next take the med. blocks and lay them in the empty spaces next to the darks. For the palest blocks last, work them into your quilt next to the darkest block wherever you can so they show up well! Sometimes it's nice to have a few out of order to give it a random look. Hope this tip helps you in laying out your blocks!

Also, since only 4 of the 6 blocks in the row are seen on top of the bed and the other 2 are on the sides, I like to focus my best blocks there.

Your welcome everyone~! Don't forget -- DO NOT MOVE THE LITTLE 4P IN THE CENTER WHEN YOU MOVE THE SKINNY STRIPS IF YOU MAKE THIS QUILT!

Also, I found a few pics for you so you can see how that deep purple block mixed with another purple shows little contrast. Also, the lily pad dark green fab is so interesting in the 2nd pic. I just loved all the fabs in these quilts! Hope yours turns out just as great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very nice...thank you for sharing the directions!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

oma66 love this quilt done in two colors. could you tell me what size this is and how much fabric of each color is needed. i am VERY NEW to quilting.
    the other quilts are lovely too. thanks for the tute.

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Nice colorful quilts!

Bright and cheery

I'm going to try this one out soon! Thanks!

Blog Entries
    What a nice scrappy quilt! Adding this to my list. Nice butted seams!
    Go forth and sew!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast