Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 86 of 146 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3629

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Here's two of my latest scrappies, pinwheels and zig zag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

JW - your Corn & Beans is gorgeous. A real inspiration. Just beautiful.

Jane
    Jane

Oh my you did a beautiful job, on all of them and so did everybody else.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Wonderful ontheriver. I pinned them and gave you credit in the description line. Thanks for the ideas.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

each is prettier than the next. I can't pick a favorite

Rail Fence

Here is my first finish of 2014, a true scrappy since it was made with scraps left over from the Scrappy Trips Around the World I made last year. The backing is fabric I ordered online, waited six months to receive, only to find that it was the wrong color for the project I purchased it for -- but it worked perfectly for this Rail Fence. And the binding was the last little chunk of an orange homespun that I've had for about 15 years so I was glad to see it gone!

It is being given to some old friends of my husband's who lost their home in Superstorm Sandy and have since moved to Florida. They won't be seeing much fall color there so I thought they might enjoy a small reminder of the colors they've left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DDuMouchel View Post
    Here is my first finish of 2014, a true scrappy since it was made with scraps left over from the Scrappy Trips Around the World I made last year. The backing is fabric I ordered online, waited six months to receive, only to find that it was the wrong color for the project I purchased it for -- but it worked perfectly for this Rail Fence. And the binding was the last little chunk of an orange homespun that I've had for about 15 years so I was glad to see it gone!

It is being given to some old friends of my husband's who lost their home in Superstorm Sandy and have since moved to Florida. They won't be seeing much fall color there so I thought they might enjoy a small reminder of the colors they've left behind.
    Wow, what a great scrappy quilt, I admire the quilting did you do the quilting? I'm touched that you're giving it to your friends that lost their home, you are a PRICELESS friend! (((Hugs)))
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Blog Entries
    Here's my first scrappy for 2014.
    It's called "Snowchurn" from Quilter's Cache and I added a piano key border.
    In my quilt lab!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    I was so inspired by your quilt . I literally ran to my sewing room.. pulled out 2 charm packs( I had no clue how I was ever going to use them) and started cutting. Thanks so much for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by DDuMouchel View Post

How kind of you! It is a beautiful quilt.
    Sew Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    What an interesting scrappy quilt! It is different from many I've seen and the border really adds a lot of color to it.
    Sew Happy

My favorites are the first and fifth ones--stunning, each of them!
    Karen

wow, love looking at all of these scrappy quilts, getting inspiration and great ideas ... thanks for sharing!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

I don't know if there is an easier way to see which quilt is being referred to in the 'reply with quote' ... maybe the person responding could start by saying what page this quilt is on? thanks!

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    My Avatar Quilt ... Stained Glass ...

All the fabrics were "leftovers", mostly from the same project.
    Backing is a solid cream ... bought to finish it.

Attachment 447670

I got carried away when making the strip sets/tubes.
    So then had enough to make a smaller version ...

Attachment 447671

There were still strips left, so I made a couple of runners.
    Only one in this photo, but they are both the same size ....

Attachment 447672

Wow, love the idea of using the white/black for leading of the stained glass, will definitely borrow this idea!

what width is the b/w strips? thinking I could make them a bit more narrow too ...

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
    Here's two of my latest scrappies, pinwheels and zig zag.

As per another member's request to include post numbers to see which I'm talking about.... I'm referring to post 2126...

Jeanann ~ Your two scrappies are a delight to the eyes! Great bright, cheerful quilts!
    Last edited by onaemtnest; 01-23-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Quote Originally Posted by wraez View Post
    I don't know if there is an easier way to see which quilt is being referred to in the 'reply with quote' ... maybe the person responding could start by saying what page this quilt is on? thanks!

Often if the entire quote is there you can see at the very beginning of the quote "Originally posted by" if you click on the forward arrows it will take you to the post they are referring to. At least that is how I sometimes backtrack...not sure if this is what you were asking for.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

Blog Entries
    Just posted this one on the UFO Challenge list ... I started cutting up scraps from one of three gigantic scrap bins I got at a fabric designer's tag sale a few years ago. I used a HST die on my Accuquilt Go. I figured I'd make a double sided quilt, but then ... hey, why not two quilts? Then I started sewing the leftover strips from using my Go and made a scrappy border. The other one (not pictured) is neutrals. Honestly, I never thought this would end up so big! It's shown on a King sized bed. Now to figure out the backing and where to sandwich it. That might have to wait until we get into our new house (I hope) as there is no way I can do it in our apartment.

Name:  Scrap Quilt 3.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  110.3 KBName:  Scrap Quilt 1.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  86.2 KB
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Wow love this ...did you leave dryer sheets in? If so gonna have to try.

Blog Entries
    Sands, if you mean my border, no dryer sheets or anything else used ... just sewed, ironed and trimmed.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Love scrappy quilts. Most of those I make are scrappy string quilts. Some have been controlled to a degree as to strip size but, others have been totally random. Some I like better than others but haven't made any that someone hasn't loved to cuddle under.
    Haven't posted for a while but pictures of some of the quilts have been posted in the past. Most all have been donated to Project Linus. Finally stopped counting at 700.
    Use it, re-use it, use it up.

SSK
    SO am on post 38 and have been enjoying all afternoon by the warm fire. We are having A bitter cold spell, last night on the news they were showing photos of our local homeless shelter. All the beds were full and people were sleeping on the floor. No one will be turned away. It has been in my thoughts all day Pop! A lightbulb went off. Tomorrow when I get up, the go cutter is coming out, cutting many squares as possible, sewing my little heart out. No binding just sEW and turn. Just to make many in a short amount of time. They need twin to fit the cots and they also showed Mother's with baby's. So crib size also. Wouldn't,t it be great if we all could do some? Nothing I am working on is as important t as A need for a warm quilt right now.

Two quilts for the price of one for some lucky person.
    Use it, re-use it, use it up.

Wow, love the idea of using the white/black for leading of the stained glass, will definitely borrow this idea!

what width is the b/w strips? thinking I could make them a bit more narrow too ...
    \

Thanks WRaez ... it's still a favourite of mine. I keep it draped over the foot of my bed, and continue to enjoy looking at it. I seldom re-make patterns, but I do expect I will make another one, sometime!

A TOT black works really nice, in order to give a bit of movement.
    Likewise you can see that my white was not "white" but a cream with a bit of a teal print in it. It is actually an antiqued print with almost a smokey hue as well as spots of fake rust in places. Actually at one quilt show it got critiqued for real smoke damage. Unfortunately, you can't chase a Judge down later and say, excuuuuuuuuuuse me, please take a good look!!!

Yes, you can do it whatever size strips you want ... it's your quilt.
    The pattern is available from CozyQuilt.com

Not everyone has the same number of posts showing per page, so if you are wanting to post a reference, it is best to use the post #.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-23-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the house quilt is so cute
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Page 86 of 146 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 96 136 ... LastLast