Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7
Results 151 to 166 of 166

Thread: Shabby Chic OBW .... Tout Fini! :)

  1. #151
    Super Member M.I.Late's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    2,355
    Very nice. Love the lace.

  2. #152
    Super Member woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    2,152
    Blog Entries
    1
    I don't know how I missed this one when you first posted it, it is spectactular . I don't normally look at at the soft florals but they are just gorgeous as a OBW, great job.
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

  3. #153
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I don't know how I missed this one when you first posted it, it is spectactular . I don't normally look at at the soft florals but they are just gorgeous as a OBW, great job.
    Thanks Woody ... I am SO not a prissy fussy pastel soft floral girly-girl quilter!
    Actually I think this is the first one of anys hape or size that I've made of this sort.
    Amazingly, I loved the fabric before I made it ... and still lover it now.
    I have it hanging in my office, to remind me that all things are possible
    ... along with this one ....
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5551403
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  4. #154
    Senior Member unclefreckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bosque Farms New Mexico
    Posts
    458
    Oh my heavens! Such a beautiful work. And it would appear that there are many many small pieces. My hat is off to you!
    unclefreckles' Grandma

  5. #155
    Super Member carslo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    soCal
    Posts
    1,526
    Blog Entries
    5
    Stunning! I must try one of these soon.
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

    http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

  6. #156
    Super Member coachmatthewsvhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vestal, NY
    Posts
    1,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    OH, you pieced that beautifully... love the arrangement!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

  7. #157
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sonora, CA
    Posts
    827
    Hi Quilt E, your OBW turned out gorgeous! I can't see from the pics how you quilted it. I am asking because I have just finished piecing and sandwiching mine, and have not decided how to quilt. I am comfortable with FMQ but think an elaborate FMQ designs would be lost on this. Mine is the Floral Master fabric the group used. I thought about just doing SITD around each hexagon. If I do that I am not sure if I would use my walking foot or my FMQ foot. What did you do, and do you have any suggestions?

    Again, bravo on a beautiful job. Your quilt is so feminine.

  8. #158
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Hi NickyLSF ... First of all, no credit on the quilting goes to me, rather my LAQ. We discussed it first and then went with an all over somewhat feathered design in a variegated thread. I looked for her expertise and guidance as to what would look best and as always, she nudged me in the right way! What I like is that it keeps the motion and not draw me to one particular spot or hex in the quilt.

    There was a thread just in the last day or two as to how to quilt OBWs and some good suggestions. I'll see if I can find it and will put the link here too. Plus, I'll see if I can get some better pics of the actual quilting to post for you to see.

    Do you have yours posted ... I'd love to see it.
    (and if you don't ... be sure to, and let me know the link!)
    THANKS!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  9. #159
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    I don't know if you can see the quilting any better here? or not?
    Name:  OBWClose 002.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.55 MB

    Name:  OBWClose 003.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.55 MB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  10. #160
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,954
    QE - Your LAQ did an awesome job! You got a winner there! Give her an extra pat on the back!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  11. #161
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    QE - Your LAQ did an awesome job! You got a winner there! Give her an extra pat on the back!
    No to worry ... I praise her endlessly and she knows how much I appreciate her work!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  12. #162
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sonora, CA
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Hi NickyLSF ... First of all, no credit on the quilting goes to me, rather my LAQ. We discussed it first and then went with an all over somewhat feathered design in a variegated thread. I looked for her expertise and guidance as to what would look best and as always, she nudged me in the right way! What I like is that it keeps the motion and not draw me to one particular spot or hex in the quilt.

    There was a thread just in the last day or two as to how to quilt OBWs and some good suggestions. I'll see if I can find it and will put the link here too. Plus, I'll see if I can get some better pics of the actual quilting to post for you to see.

    Do you have yours posted ... I'd love to see it.
    (and if you don't ... be sure to, and let me know the link!)
    THANKS!!!!!
    Hi Quilt E, I posted it here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5556764 and also as a new thread in Photos today. I will look for the thread you mentioned about quilting OBW's. Thanks for your help!!

  13. #163
    Super Member blondeslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Airmont, NY
    Posts
    3,229
    Very pretty!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

  14. #164
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    Hi Quilt E, I posted it here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5556764 and also as a new thread in Photos today. I will look for the thread you mentioned about quilting OBW's. Thanks for your help!!
    Thanks! I already found your new thread and commented.
    Glad that someone found the other thread with ideas for you.
    There's a lot of good possibilities there, that from looking at your blog, I know they would not be a challenge for you!!

    Contrary to what some have said, IMHO there are some detailed quilting designs that can work very effectively with a OBW. I'm sure you'll come up with a great way to enhance your already wonderful quilt.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  15. #165
    Super Member ube quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,845
    Blog Entries
    31
    It is beautiful. I love the color and remember wen you first posted this. Love your finishing. This idea needs a tutorial.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

  16. #166
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    It is beautiful. I love the color and remember wen you first posted this. Love your finishing. This idea needs a tutorial.
    peace
    Thanks UBe ... while not an official tutorial, I gave a word description about the how to earlier in this thread. I did the prototype candlemat and then did some more fiddling when I went to do the quilt itself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.