Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Snippets Chicken.... for those who are interested

Quote Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    Once I figured out how the technique and how I was going to use it to make a chicken, of all things, it didn't take long at all - maybe an hour and a half with the snipping and ironing.
    That actually doesn't sound intimidating at all! In fact, completely do-able...but, you're saying the technique itself takes a bit of time to master?? (thanks for the info)

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    It's not so much to master the technique but it is time-consuming cutting all of the little pieces for the feathers. Then I had to pick each one up with tweezers, set several of them in place and then iron them on.

There are lots of snippet projects on the web - just google snippet quilting - but I think the chicken idea is so much fun.

Last week or the week before I asked on the Main page about the Snippets technique. Our guild has an on-going year long Challenge to produce blocks using a given technique on a theme that each member of the guild has chosen for herself. My theme is Chickens (don't ask!). So here is the picture of my Snippets chicken and my other chickens from the guild challenge......
    What a cute idea..I use my scraps up on Snippets..here's an idea..unfinished still..but it's what I do with mine..lol 11
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelodyWB
    Last week or the week before I asked on the Main page about the Snippets technique. Our guild has an on-going year long Challenge to produce blocks using a given technique on a theme that each member of the guild has chosen for herself. My theme is Chickens (don't ask!). So here is the picture of my Snippets chicken and my other chickens from the guild challenge......
    What a cute idea..I use my scraps up on Snippets..here's an idea..unfinished still..but it's what I do with mine..lol 11
    Very pretty indeed! I love the colours and how the border and the pot pick up the shades of purple.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4