Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Some days I really love my job...

What a neat idea! I love the one in your avatar, also!

a regular here
    What a wonderful idea I`m sure your young folks loved it .

ART will set the heart free!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful teaching on the sly project, many kids will never know anything about sewing and creativity unless someone like yourself opens the door to them. Special - needs or not, you never know where the first inspiration is created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyncat
    We decided to make a quick little classroom quilt. I had my special-needs students practice drawing on paper first. Well, only one student could draw a heart, so we tried flowers. Only a couple could draw a flower. We tried a face. Everyone could draw that, so I gave them all a square of fabric backed with freezer paper and they drew a picture and wrote their name. Today I took in my featherweight and did a little piecing demonstration. They really enjoyed seeing their square get sewn into the top. We still have a couple of days of school after Memorial Day, so I'll hang it up for our little classroom "promotion" ceremony. FUN day!!

What a great project! And I really admire the teachers of special needs students. We may not always tell you, but you are really appreciated by the parents.

Hope you will post a picture when it is completed. How special for the children. :thumbup:

I have to share a story about a quilt that was made 18 years ago, when my first granddaughter was in a kindergarten program. Their teacher did the same thing, giving each child a white block, and they drew a picture on it and either signed their name or initials. She made a quilt out of it, and when my granddaughter graduated this past week, the teacher came to the open house after graduation, and because my granddaughter was the only one, who had sent her an announcement, she was given the quilt. What a surprise for my granddaughter. And what a beautiful gift from another wonderful teacher. God bless them all.

What a great project for the children. I helped my DG make a quilt for my DGD's kindergarten class. We took pics of the children and their handprints fanned out like wings. The quilt was auctioned to raise money for the school.

I love your quilt, Debbie for Hickory, North Carolina

Nice !!!! I helped the local public school do the exact same thing. Then we used the quilt as a fund raiser for the school. It went over big every year. Kudos to you and all the kids.

Such a lovely idea. Please show us a picture of it on the wall?

That is a beautiful quilt. My daughter's kindergarten class helped make a quilted wall hanging in their classroom. After school was out that year her teacher calleld and asked if my daughter miht want it to keep. That was 15 years ago and we still have it. It is a special rememberance of a special year in her life.

Blog Entries
    :):):)Great teacher and great students , from Bakersfield California Dottie Bug

Blog Entries
    Love to see kids quilts.....

DonnaB
    Forest Lakes, AZ & Mesa, AZ

Blog Entries
    They must be so very proud!!!! :D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4