Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Thank you Nelline Kornock >

Thank you Nelline Kornock

Thank you Nelline Kornock

Old 02-14-2023, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Very nice indeed! I love the colors you chose for your test. Lots of money, time and skill went into this one by the time you have it finished. The people you are giving it to must be very special.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:44 PM

I love Bargello's and this one is no exception. Beautiful fabric and work. I loved the challenge and like you, that they were easier than I imagined. The couple should love it. We all do! I meander or stipple quilted my runners and another quilter quilted my QOV Bargello tops on her computerized long arm, just to let you know. They are probably in my albums here or my threads I start, if you want to see the quilting.

Last edited by toogie; 02-14-2023 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:39 AM

Love it. Your friends will love it too.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:58 AM

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors. I don't think I would be able to give it away.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:54 PM

Wow, looks fantastic
Old 02-16-2023, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, that's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job.
I'm curious about the heading. Someone's name but how is it related to the quilt?
Old 02-16-2023, 08:35 AM

What a beautiful and striking bargello!
Old 02-16-2023, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Lovely bargello! They are fun to make. I agree with Robb about your great fabric choices making it 'sing'.

Who is Nelline Kornock?
Old 02-16-2023, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Oh my, that's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job.
I'm curious about the heading. Someone's name but how is it related to the quilt?
Thank you. I love this thing. My husband wants one in shades of royal to light blue and I had already planned to make myself one in beach colors.- light turquoises and tans.

Nelline Kornock is the pattern writer of the pattern I purchased. I don't know if she was a member on this board but I did some digging - "Featherweight" (QB user name) had this quilt as her avatar back in 2011 and when she was questioned about the quilt in the picture, she posted a larger picture of it and a comment about the quilts name. Somewhere along the line, I reached out to Nelline and bought it directly from her.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
I love Bargello's and this one is no exception. Beautiful fabric and work. I loved the challenge and like you, that they were easier than I imagined. The couple should love it. We all do! I meander or stipple quilted my runners and another quilter quilted my QOV Bargello tops on her computerized long arm, just to let you know. They are probably in my albums here or my threads I start, if you want to see the quilting.
Thank you for your kind words. As soon as my machine gets back from the service tech, I plan to stipple quilt it. It is the quickest quilting method without taking away from the pattern. I don't do too fancy of quilting in my quilts as I have found the fancier they are quilted, the less the recipient wants to use them. I want the quilts that I gift to be used, abused and loved. Plus I can get more done when I stipple.