Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Thank you so much >

Thank you so much

Thank you so much

Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Banned

I am soo glad you have your lil group of earthly bound angels, I sure wish I could have been part of thier support group in the healing of your loss. I know how it is Lost my dad in January.the whole is large and the need to close it only comes from the love of family and friends. I am soo glad you now have a group hug any and everytime you need it. I am so gratefull that I have gotten to be a friend to you also. You have filled a spot in my life when I needed it. So some of this love has already been sent back your way too.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:26 AM

We know this world has so many good people in it when we see things like this happen. Kindness is something each and every person can give and it is worth more than a pocket full of money. You are very lucky to have the kindness of al these people. I too know what it is like to have recently lost my hubby. This group has helped me with simple things such as understanding, a kind word, etc. And then there were those who truly acted like angels. Abig hug to you and all the kind people in this group. MaryM
Old 12-02-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Gwyn:
Glad you liked the quilt. I was only a small part of it. I asked Mousie if I could machine quilt it for you. I hope you enjoy for many years. Thank you for everything YOU do.
As far as I can tell there were no 'small parts' to this quilt. Without any one piece it wouldn't be what it is. Thank you for taking the time for what ever part you played. They are all important to me.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:09 AM

What a wonderful gift!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by pvquilter
Gwyn:
Glad you liked the quilt. I was only a small part of it. I asked Mousie if I could machine quilt it for you. I hope you enjoy for many years. Thank you for everything YOU do.
As far as I can tell there were no 'small parts' to this quilt. Without any one piece it wouldn't be what it is. Thank you for taking the time for what ever part you played. They are all important to me.
What to say? the mouse, speechless, lol!
I was so excited and concerned and honored...goodness, just a whole bundle of different emotions going on, while making the quilt and after it arrived.
I am not a real experienced quilter but I do have a lot of compassion in my heart to share, and I had suffered a loss myself when God gave me a way to reach out and do something about even one other person's pain.
I just prayed, Lord show me what to do with these feelings and let me be a comfort to others if I can. I certainly didn't do any of this alone.
I wish I could mention each and every single person, bc they all did so much. So much for the quilt, for you, Gwyn, and for me.
It is an awesome quilt just bc it is so filled with loving kindness.
A huge coming together of so many wonderful ppl...the outpouring from ppl just at the mention of your name...I didn't even know what I was doing really, except putting one foot in front of the other and asking God to help me.
Well, he sent me so many helpers, and help they did!
They came out of the woodwork and offered any and everything, from posting pm's, sending just gobs and gobs of blocks, cards, support, money to help with expenses and so much more that I can't even think of right now.
If I don't think to mention someone, please know, I thank you in my heart!
I was blessed beyond belief by being a vessel to do this!
I have to name a few ppl by name and I pray that ALL understand the heartfelt appreciation I have towards each and everyone that sent things.
There is no one contribution that is bigger or smaller than any of the others.
It was all done, by each person with so much love!
I wish I sounded as eloquent, Gwyn, in saying through my tears, how proud I am to be one person in this great big group of wonderful quilters, whether their name is on the quilt or not.
So many more would have sent blocks had they known, and had I known who to contact.
I only knew to go to your diary and to the condolence threads, but I know that all of this board is filled with wonderful ppl and we all wish you the very best!
Sewnsewer2 embroiderd the rose in the center, the rosebud borders and the label, and she even did this second one when I couldn't decide on a design and helped me with that too!
She was just ....I have no words. I couldn't have done it without her.
Born2Sew embroidered the angels and offered to do more, bless her heart.
Pvquilter contacted me and offered her lovely quilting skills and I about cried when it came back to me. Wow!
DKAbasketlady sent backing and blocks and wrote me a letter and was there for me all along.
So many sent so much, I can't name them one by one, but I can tell you, each and every name on that quilt...they were just moved and moving,...this truly was a "heartfelt group" project.
I could feel the coming together of all involved.
I will never forget this experience and even my dh is sitting here right now, bc he has been a loving support throughout. His interest and support means so much to me and he cares about this board too, bc it means so much to me.
He wanted to know that the quilt arrived safe and sound and is a comfort just as I do, with all my heart. I really prayed over this quilt while making it, to allow it to be infused with affection and comfort.
I hope it brings that to you and so much more Gwyn, bc you deserve it. You are a "rose" of a lady! love, Mousie
Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 AM

I have no more words...So much love, so much work, so many hands, such large hearts How can 'thank you' be sufficient? Well, it isn't, but it is all I've got. Thank you
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 AM

So glad we were here for you when the need came.

Blessings on you and your house....remember Footprints.

Janice
Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM

I am so sorry about your loss and those words just don't really express the depth of feeling. I don't know you but I do know you are loved, deeply and completely by your friends and family and God above. May you feel that love in a tangible way each time you snuggle under your quilt "hug" and may the good Lord hold you tight in His arms. Many blessings,
Wendy
Old 12-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Its lovely, absolutely lovely!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM

What a fabulous gift from some of the most wonderful people on the planet .

(I am honoured to have made new friendships with but a few of you. )
Humbled and touched by such a thoughtful act .